Multicamera problem

hbwerner wrote on 5/23/2011, 10:51 AM
I edit on the fly as it plays. Sometimes selecting each multicamera view starts to make the edit selection back where the vertical line is where the play started rather than where the play curser bar is. It shows OK in the window where I'm selecting, but the changes only toggle the one location back and forth. It seems to happen more often if I have gone back and delete a prior change by using the "gp back" arrows at the top of the screen. I've had this in all the versions of Pro 10

Comments

earthrisers wrote on 5/23/2011, 12:28 PM
Yup, I've encountered that problem, too, in several recent projects.
Seems to happen more or less at random; at least, I haven't discerned any predictable pattern.
Looks like a new bug -- I never encountered it before 10d.

With the bug, I very nearly wound up with camera-changes where I didn't want them. I noticed the anomalies when I (ctrl/shift/D) reviewed footage after making a series of camera changes. I'm hoping I haven't MISSED any of these misplaced changes, in projects where I was under time pressure and didn't review every minute of final footage after editing.
Grazie wrote on 5/23/2011, 12:41 PM
And I'm getting the exact same issue on a render! I've just completed a 40 minute 2cam piece. It plays fine, but on render the resultant MPEG2 has slices of footage that has nothing to do with the 2cam mix.

Bizarre.....

Grazie

attentionfish wrote on 5/23/2011, 4:48 PM
This has actually been present ever since I bought 10. If you go back and change a cut you have to click back past the previous cut and start the process again. Usually it's within a selected loop area and you have to go back past the cut before the loop starts.
earthrisers wrote on 5/23/2011, 7:17 PM
Interesting... I wonder if this is related to another multicam-bug I reported: using Media FX keyframes to change FX on individual media within a multicam track doesn't work. The settings you make in the last-in-time keyframe affect EVERYTHING on that camera's footage, before and after that keyframe. All earlier Media FX keyframes for that camera's footage are ignored.
(I've reported this to Sony, but I don't think they're going to get to it.)

Something about the timing-specific problem with camera-take-switching in multicam (the subject of this thread) sounds suspiciously like it's related to the keyframe-timing multicam problem with Media FX. Wouldn't be surprised if there turns out to be a common root-cause for both bugs.
Jr. Pascual wrote on 5/25/2011, 4:07 PM
I assume you are using the built-in multicamera feature of Vegas Pro? I played around with it but never used it for my work.

I have always used InfinitiCam from VASST for all my multicamera work. Never had a problem and always worked; as advertised.

Jr. Pascual
49 Productions
earthrisers wrote on 5/25/2011, 4:41 PM
In InfinitiCam, can you set FX keyframes for the individual media that are used in a multicam timeline?
If so, I'll give it a try -- I have other VASST products, and I like 'em...
VidMus wrote on 5/26/2011, 4:31 AM
I must be doing something right, I do not have any problems with multicam.