Comments

Sullivan wrote on 11/21/2004, 2:20 PM
I frequently move events between multiple instances of Vegas open at the same time.

In the source instance, select the clip.
Either type Control-C or choose "Copy" from the Right-Click menu.

In the destination instance, select the desired track.
Either type Control-V or choose "Paste" from the Right-Click menu.

techlover01 wrote on 11/22/2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks. What confused me is the phrase multiple instances of Vegas. In the Media 100 you just open another program, but in Vegas you have to minimize the Vegas porgram and open another entire program. Then you can cut and paste into the previous program.

I know several people have requested this for future versions and maybe it will be simpler.

Sam Love
Chienworks wrote on 11/22/2004, 12:51 PM
"In Media 100 you just open another program, but in Vegas you have to minimize the Vegas program and open another entire program."

Just to warn you, i have an extremely literal mind and take everything written at exact face value. That being said ...

You don't have to minimize Vegas in order to run another instance of Vegas. Just click Start -> Programs -> Sony -> Vegas -> Vegas 5 (or 4, or whatever). Or, if you're a fanatic like me, you put Vegas on your task bar as a quick-start icon for single click launching. All this works fine while the first copy of Vegas is still running full screen.

Now, how is this different from "opening another program" in Media 100? It sounds absolutely identical to me. I may just not be following what you mean.
Spot|DSE wrote on 11/22/2004, 1:14 PM
I frequently have both instances of Vegas open, copy/pasting, with one on my right monitor and one on my left monitor. Like Kelly, I'm confused by your media 100 comparison. Media 100 lets you copy paste between projects, not instances of the same program. You can't have 2 media 100 projects playing at the same time, unless it's been updated in the past couple of years and I didn't notice.