Comments

AlanC wrote on 10/4/2006, 9:02 AM
Bad link
FrigidNDEditing wrote on 10/4/2006, 9:16 AM
Toby Mac

there was a www added to the addy. This one is correct. (there's a commercial on the front end.

That beginning was kinda genious, I really like that idea of splits going to a meeting point - and that part would not be hard to implement as long as you are able to use velocity envelopes and a couple layers of video (very slick look too).

Dave
AlanC wrote on 10/4/2006, 9:24 AM

Strange, I only get as far as "This application does not support Windows Media Player 9 Beta or Release Candidate versions."

I'm running 9.00.00.2980!
AlanC wrote on 10/5/2006, 2:20 AM
No it's not the link. That works fine since Dave fixed it.

When I go to the site I get the message: This application does not support Windows Media Player 9 Beta or Release Candidate versions. Please install the Windows Media Player 9 final release to use this application.

Even though I have the latest MP9 I tried clicking on the link embedded in that message to install the Windows Media Player 9 final release

And that took me to Microsoft which provided the nice message We’re sorry, but we were unable to service your request. You may wish to choose from the links below for information about Microsoft products and services.

So I went directly to the MS site and downloaded the latest MP9, installed it, re-booted, configured it and checked the version number. It's exactly the same as the version I already had.

Needless to say, I still can't view the video.

I give up.

Alan
TeetimeNC wrote on 10/5/2006, 2:46 AM
Alan, I'm running 10.00.00.4036 and it played. The technique is neat but the player doesn't release properly from my browser when the clip finishes. After repeatedly pressing the back button I finally got back to the Vegas forum, but it is stuck inside the window the player opened.

Jerry
AlanC wrote on 10/5/2006, 2:54 AM
Jerry, you're running MP10 which can't be installed on W2k. I think that's my problem. Either it doesn't like Media Player 9 or Win 2000.

Alan
GenJerDan wrote on 10/5/2006, 5:19 AM
People who incorporate version-checking need to think a little.

I'm running IE7 (beta? rc? heck if I know) and one of the web pages I go to suggests I upgrade my browser to a newer version. :)