Need Hospital Footage

JimMSG wrote on 6/13/2005, 8:30 AM
I realize this is isn't exactly a Vegas Video question, but I'm hoping that will be okay. I'm working on a project that needs between 15 and 30 seconds of working hospital footage: nurses walking down hallways; orderlies wheeling machines; something of that nature. Can someone recommend a good source for this sort of thing for me?

Thanks

Comments

Dan Sherman wrote on 6/13/2005, 11:04 AM
Request permission from hospital administation and shoot your own. Make a donation to hospital in return.
Privacy laws mean you'll have to be careful not to identify patients.
Long shots, low shots, back shots, leg shots, going down the hall on a bed shot,----shots of the ceiling from a moving gurney.
Best to keep ALL folks unidentifiable unless they agree to sign a release form.
OR,---buy some stock footage for 2 or three hundred dollars if your budget allows. May be fastest and easiest. Even cheapest when you factor in your time.
OR build a hospital set and hire actors. Compicated and costly.
OR,--go to ER faking sickness and smuggle you camera in. Shoot when they're not looking.
Jimmy_W wrote on 6/13/2005, 11:37 AM
Try artbeats or digital juice stock footage. I have used them in the past and have bought the video traxx 2 library from digital juice and it has the clips your looking for.
They have the clips to demo on their website.

http://www.digitaljuice.com

Jimmy
Randy Brown wrote on 6/13/2005, 1:59 PM
I have at least 30 minutes of B roll, raw footage I still have from a recruitment video for a hospital. Contact me if you're still interested.
Randy
MichaelS wrote on 6/13/2005, 3:45 PM
Recently, I did a sales piece for a company that sold medical and surgical supplies. Rather than going the hospital route, I contacted our local technical college. As part of their medical assistant training program, they have a complete operating room, hospital beds, x-ray machines, those cool beeping monitors...the works, along with lots of students, in scrubs, willing to play the parts. Hollywood couldn't provide a better "set". The cool thing is that it's all non sterile. This is an off season for most tech schools, so it may be easier than you think to get in!