neither 11 or 12 will run

Editguy43 wrote on 5/19/2013, 8:34 PM
I tried to install 11 and then 12 (both latest builds) on my wife's computer they install but will not run, the system spec's are:

AMD Phenom X4 465
8 gig of ram
Asus Motherboard M4A88T-V EVO-USB3
Built in Graphics

I am wondering if anyone else has had the same type of problem and what the solution was.

Any help would be great.

Comments

Tom Pauncz wrote on 5/19/2013, 8:53 PM
Can you be a little more explicit about " ... will not run"?
Tom
Editguy43 wrote on 5/20/2013, 2:24 AM
Neither version will launch it tries to start and then windows reports that Vegas has stopped working "do you want to sent report" and shuts down. Both installs work fine on my workstation (see specs)

I am leaning to the fact that her system is using built in graphics from the asus motherboard, although it is based on a Radeon 4200 I think it may not be strong enough.

YEP just as I thought I just checked the spec page for Vegas and it states a Radeon 57XX or Higher is required, other than that her system will work. Looks like its off to New Egg for a new Video Card..
TheHappyFriar wrote on 5/20/2013, 6:31 AM
The specs page doesn't say it needs any special video card unless you're doing GPU acceleration.

Considering the complete lack of info about your wife's system you posted, I would say you're running a version of Windows it doesn't support. That makes more sense then the GPU. 8)
Editguy43 wrote on 5/20/2013, 9:29 AM
in addition to the above mentioned spec's it has;

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Lite on DVD burner
550 watt Antec power supply
Antec 300 Steel mid tower case
8gb G-Skill Ripjaw memory
WD 500gig Black Boot Drive
WD 1TB Black data drive

@theHappyFriar

I would not call the first post list "a complete lack of specs" perhaps not complete but main components were listed.
Tom Pauncz wrote on 5/20/2013, 9:45 AM
I have an on-going case with support on such an issue.
Can you take a look at the reliability history and see where Vegas is crashing?

In my case, 100% consistent, it is RPCRT4.DLL that is somehow blows away when Vegas stops working.

Tom