Comments

Chienworks wrote on 5/17/2005, 11:22 AM
Well, what sort of snags did you hit? Network rendering should work through 100Mbps connections quite well. It would probably even function under 10Mbps, but you'd probably waste more time than you'd save.

How are you connecting the two computers? You don't need a router. A simple switch would work. In fact, if these two computers are your entire network you could connect them with just a crossover cable.
B_JM wrote on 5/17/2005, 1:56 PM
or a firewire cable
ReneH wrote on 5/18/2005, 7:17 PM
I can't explain it, some dialogs boxes pop up, but no rendering appears to be going on. I have a router (because I have 2 systems networked with roadrunner cable internet) at 100mbps. I really want to exploit both systems to increase rendering speed times, any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Liam_Vegas wrote on 5/18/2005, 7:40 PM
You need to check out the Net Render logs that are stored on both systems. They are somewhere buring in the program/sony/blah blah directory.

There are MANY reasons why a particular render might night work using NR including...

Quiktime not installed on all systems (Quicktime is needed for working with BMP, TIF files).

Some of your source files in your master VEG are not on the shared drive/folder (easy mistake). Check the edit details view to verify that none of your source files are somewhere they should not be.

Use of a plug-in/FX that is not installed on all systems.

Many other reasons than above... that's just to get you going.
ReneH wrote on 5/19/2005, 8:07 PM
I will load all the plugins on the other machine and I'll report back my findings. Perhaps I should try a simple veg with no frills and see if that renders fine. At least I can isolate that.
Liam_Vegas wrote on 5/19/2005, 10:40 PM
Starting out simple IS the best way to go... then add the more complex stuff.