New Blue V3 Split Screen

Kimberly wrote on 11/9/2012, 11:22 PM
Hello All:

I upgraded my New Blue plug-ins to GPU enabled when I upgraded to VP 12. I just noticed some funky behavior with the New Blue VE3 Split screen.

The way I remember it working was, you put an event on Track 1 and an event on Track 2. You drag the plug-in to each event and select the behavior. In my case, I wanted "Select Left Half" for Track 1, and "Select Right Half" for Track 2. And you have a split screen.

I am no longer getting this behavior in VP 12 or 11. This plug-in worked as expected before I upgraded to the GPU enabled version. Maybe that's the root cause? I checked a couple other New Blue plug-ins and they seem fine. Only the Split Screen is misbehaving.

Can some with the GPU enabled VE3 package give this a try? I might be experiencing a temporary case of Operator Error so wanted to figure that out before I open a help ticket with New Blue : )

Regards,

Kimberly

Comments

MemoriesFX wrote on 11/10/2012, 3:59 PM
Hi Kimberly

I will check this for you shortly. Perhaps you can also help me with my problem I posted last night about visible lines appearing when I add motion graphics to a track that has been shrunk or to s cropped dowm media. I see the edges of the track or media when the motion animation is applied. In my post I linked to 2 videos. It is only happening in version 12 not 11.

Steve
Ros wrote on 11/10/2012, 4:25 PM
Works fine here with GPU ON.

Got the VE3 (GPU updated) Split Screen OFX version applied to an event on track 1 Right Half and onto another event onto track 2 Left Half.
Plays fine and so does the rendered video.

Hope this can help you.

Bonne chance!

Rob
MemoriesFX wrote on 11/10/2012, 4:54 PM
Works fine for me as well using GPU accelerated plugin
Kimberly wrote on 11/10/2012, 4:54 PM
@RoS:

Did you have to do anything funky to the Source Alpha or 3D Source Alpha on your tracks?

Here is what I'm doing:

Open VP 12
Drag a clip to Track 1. Use NB Split Screen to Select Left Half.
Drag a clip to Track 2. Use NB Split Screen to Select Right Half.

So when I do this, Track 1 shows as a ghost image on the right side, which is what should be showing through clearly as Track 2.

Weird! There must be something I'm missing.

Thanks for checking.

PS. Oh yes, GPU enabled and all that stuff.

Regards,

Kimberly
Grazie wrote on 11/10/2012, 5:06 PM
Split Screen working as I'd expect, Kimberly. Aren't you sure you aren't mixing this procedure with using the Copy to Clipboard and then apply THAT to differential Tracks? I can't think of another way of achieving what you're asking?

G

Kimberly wrote on 11/10/2012, 10:55 PM
Here is what I get when I apply the NB VE2 Picture-in-Picture effect:

Here is what I get when I apply the NB VE2 Split Screen effect:

The PIP works just as I expected. The Split Screen has the ghosting effect.
Weird, huh?

Grazie wrote on 11/11/2012, 3:34 AM
Wow, that is weird indeed. Any chance get my hands on the VEG? I'll use my own media.

Grazie

farss wrote on 11/11/2012, 5:36 AM
Does one of your tracks have compositing mode set to Add by any chance?

Bob.
Kimberly wrote on 11/11/2012, 7:32 AM
The compositing mode is Source Alpha for all the tracks. I get the same result in VP 11 as I do in VP 12.

The Split Screen plug-in worked as expected in VP 11 in the past. I haven't used it in a while so I cannot say specifically when it worked, maybe as of 3 months ago?

I assume the culprit is the recent plug-in upgrade to GPU enabled, but who knows, the culprit could be something in the latest version of VP 11 and VP 12. Or it could be the dreaded . . . OPERATOR ERROR!

Regardless, it's making me a little crazy trying.

Here is the *.veg file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41612696/New%20Blue%20Split%20Screen%20Test.veg

Maybe you alls can see something that I am missing.

Regards,

Kimberly
Ros wrote on 11/11/2012, 9:16 AM
Hi Kimberly,

I have used your veg file as is, only replacing the media and it plays and renders fine.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24553216/split%20screen.JPG