new Content Browser 2.0

Erni wrote on 5/24/2013, 7:39 AM
Sony has introduced a new version of its Content Browser software – version 2.0 – that includes a handful of additional features including support for Sony’s new XAVC codec, as utilised by the F5 and F55.

As Sony’s European Product Manager, Sebastian Leske, explains: “Up to version 1.1, upgrades have been free – you only had to pay something if you needed the ‘NXCAM Activation Pack’, which added support for AVC HD and cost US$20,” he says.

Introductory Offer

As part of a special introductory offer, Sony is waiving the charge for version 2.0 of Content Browser. Until the end of May, there’s a free of charge campaign during the handover to version 2.0, where you can get a free activation code. Find out more at www.sonycreativesoftware.com/campaign/contentbrowser.

Going forward, if you purchase any camcorder in Sony’s NXCAM, XDCAM or XAVC ranges from the end of May it will come supplied with a licence key for version 2.0 as standard. This is a single key that can be used for one computer only and further licences will have to be purchased.

http://www.pro.sony.eu/pro/lang/en/eu/article/broadcast-content-browser-1304

Enjoy

Erni

Comments

farss wrote on 5/30/2013, 4:24 PM
I thought this worth a bump as you can still get a free serial number.

I recently switched from the older Clip Browser to using the Content Browser. No great difference for what I use it for but it looks a little neater.
Even if you don't need it today, go grab a serial number while its still free.

Bob.
Laurence wrote on 5/31/2013, 10:31 AM
I got my serial number last night. Thanks. Now, what do I do with it?
redpaw wrote on 5/31/2013, 10:48 AM
thanks Erni and Bob! been happy using v1 but got me one just in case!
JasonATL wrote on 5/31/2013, 8:05 PM
Thanks, Bob.

I got mine just under the wire. I rarely use my EX1 any more, but when I do, I find the Clip Browser (now the Content Browser) a must-have.