new render issue in VP 10

Woodenmike wrote on 12/1/2011, 10:22 AM
I've been looking through past posts and haven't found anything yet that indicates that this is a common problem...
In rendering a multicamera shoot of a ballet recital (something I have done MANY times without problems), i am getting some scenes showing up with what appears to be alternate takes rendering into the scene. Going back to the timeline and playing these scenes in preview they play fine. I have used Pluraleyes to sync the tracks and used Excallibur to choose the takes in one Vegas project, and then saved it as an alternative Vegas project and deleted the various take tracks leaving only the edited track and 2 sound tracks for final edit and render (my usual workflow). I am using the last version of VegasPro10 on an older XP 32bit machine. Any ideas?

Comments

Woodenmike wrote on 12/1/2011, 11:26 AM
Well I've started deleting the multiple takes from all my clips and will see if this eliminates the problem in render (I'm thinking it should), but I'm not understanding why it is happening in the first place...bug? I am working on a timeline that is an hour and 40 minutes long with DV footage (not HD) and rendering only half at a time in mpeg2, DVD Architect widescreen template, and have done this many times in previous versions without issue.
TheHappyFriar wrote on 12/1/2011, 11:36 AM
This happened to me once (if it's what I think it is) because I started a multicam edit with Quantitize frames off. Make sure that's on.
Woodenmike wrote on 12/1/2011, 11:44 AM
I did check that and it is on. I have had some anomalies occur in the timeline at transitions too occasionally, but this is so random that it is making me a little crazy...this is the first time it has rendered this way, though without showing up on the timeline. I am beginning to think it is an issue between Excalibur and Vegas, and will not click the "add other angles as takes on master track" box in Excalibur when using their multi-cam feature (which i use a lot.)
Woodenmike wrote on 12/1/2011, 12:49 PM
Okay, I've done a series of test renders on one segment that contains several clips and is the one segment that was most affected, and rendered with all the takes deleted and...the problem still exists. I've looked at transitions and made all the transitions cuts and...the problem still exists. Then I started noticing what clips were affected by laying the rendered segment over my timeline and noticing that all the affected clips were the same take...in examining this take i noticed that i had applied Frederic Bauman's color match plug-in to this footage in each clip that is affected along with Sony color corrector (cameraman failed to white balance before shooting and was WAY off), so i removed the plug-in and rendered...and the problem went away. I reversed the plug-in deletion and...the problem is still not there. I am going to see if I can repeat the problem now, but wonder if ANYONE is having problems with this plug-in?
Woodenmike wrote on 12/1/2011, 1:21 PM
It is definitely an issue with the FBmn colormatch plug-in...for some reason it is rendering the reference clip with the subject clip and alternating between them rapidly. I will contact Frederic Bauman regarding this.
Frederic Baumann wrote on 12/3/2011, 3:58 AM
Hi,

The Vegas Pro 10 version being used might matter: a/b/c/d/e.

There have been lots of bugs in Vegas related to the new OFX plug-in technology, which have led some users to think that plug-ins were buggee, while the problem was actually coming from within Vegas itself. The good news is that most of these bugs have been fixed across minor releases b, c, d, e, so I would strongly recommend to upgrade to 10e if not already done.

I am very interested to get a sample project+render from you, in order to investigate and check if this might be a ColorMatch bug, and fix it in that hypothesis. However I have never heard such an issue in ColorMatch so far.

If you agree I propose that we keep exchanging about this point via email, and only post the final conclusion afterwards in this forum: ColorMatch bug / Vegas bug / no bug / workaround / ...

Best regards,
Frederic - FBmn Software