Comments

Ivan Lietaert wrote on 6/7/2014, 1:25 AM
I'm not sure, but I recall that I read that only software from the app store can be run on it.
Chienworks wrote on 6/7/2014, 8:58 AM
Well, i don't know about newer models, but originally the Surface could only run Surface aps, while the Surface Pro runs stock Windows 8.x. If the 3rd generation has followed that then the Surface Pro *should* run any Windows software you care to install.
Jillian wrote on 6/7/2014, 11:18 AM
If you get at least an I5, and better an I7, along with the largest hard drive, it should work minimally. But, actually editing your videos might still be a challenge with managing work space, files and effects on a 12 inch display.

You would probably have great difficulty doing anything except the most basic edits using touch on such a screen. We tried a 32 inch touch screen for CAD work and found that details had to be completed with a keyboard and mouse.

Unless you are really good with keyboard shortcuts, you would probably still want to use a mouse for editing

If you actually get one, I'm sure everyone would be interested in how it works out.

However, I would rather spend $1500 on a real laptop and $200 on a mini-pad if I were serious about editing and also wanted a pad.