New Vegas owner

warriorking wrote on 4/25/2008, 12:44 PM
Hi, just purchased Vegas 8 pro and look forward to long hours of video edit fun, great forum with lots of great info thus far...Vegas will be a bit of a learning curve on my part, but I look forward to the challenge...I still use pinnacle ultimate but wanted something with a bit more teeth....Vegas was what I needed...look forward to posting my results as well as my questions,which will probably be many...The hardware that I will be using is as follows..

Camcorder- Canon HG10
Editing program -Vegas 8
OS -Vista Ultimate 64Bit
Quadcore Q6600 2.4Ghz
4Gig DDR2 PC800
8800GTX 768Mb
2- 20x DVDR+/- Lightscribe Burners
2- Sata 3 HDs-320Gig, 400Gig

2nd System
E1505 1.83 Core Duo Laptop
OS-Vista 32Bit Business
2Gig DDR2 667
X1400 256Mb Video
160Gig Sata HD
8X Sony DVDR+/- Dual Burner

Comments

Former user wrote on 4/25/2008, 12:46 PM
You will never think of Pinnacle again, once you get into Vegas.

Except maybe to edit the commercials out of those time shifted shows.

Dave T2
baysidebas wrote on 4/25/2008, 1:57 PM
"Except maybe to edit the commercials out of those time shifted shows."

But VideoReDo is so much better for that purpose....
TGS wrote on 4/25/2008, 2:47 PM
Welcome, Warriorking
You should post those specs in your profile, that way if people want to see them in the future, all they have to do is click on your name.
ReneH wrote on 4/25/2008, 3:56 PM
Welcome to Vegas!

As for your learning curve, it is as painless as you accept the intuitiveness of Vegas.
jimmyz wrote on 4/25/2008, 5:18 PM
Welcome
One of the best resources (free) are the newsletters on this site jetdv.com

Harold Brown wrote on 4/25/2008, 6:04 PM
Welcome. As I always say, Vegas is the best application program I have ever bought. My wife wishes I would take up drinking just so I would spend less time on the computer! :)
warriorking wrote on 4/25/2008, 9:23 PM
Thanks I have posted my specs in my profile....sorry for the mixup
UlfLaursen wrote on 4/25/2008, 9:28 PM
Welcome to the world of Vegas. I am sure you will like it here.

/Ulf
Konrad wrote on 4/26/2008, 6:23 AM
Welcome. Don't let the passionate chest beaters bother you.

Konrad
video777 wrote on 4/27/2008, 2:55 PM
Welcome aboard. I used Pinnacle Studio and Liquid for years and was involved with beta testing many of the releases of both. I finally switched to Vegas and don't regret it at all. I've had it for about a month or so and have yet to watch the tutorials or read the manual. I completed my first project in Vegas after only a few days and have worked on many more. Stable and much easier to use than Liquid. Studio is still easier but no where near as powerful.

If you have any questions feel free to ask as there are a lot of people willing to help out (many from my Studio and Liquid past).
GaryV wrote on 4/28/2008, 10:38 AM
I switched from Pinnacle Studio to Vegas a few months ago and have been extremely happy with my decision. I had no end of troubles with Pinnacle (crashes, freezes during rendering, etc.) and have now completed 3 projects with Vegas of similar complexity as what I was doing in Pinnacle - no problems whatsoever with Vegas. It has been rock-solid with not even a hint of crashing or freezing. These 3 projects have been a completely satisfying experience and I'm really happy I switched. I also did not find the learning curve very difficult for Vegas.

Cheers and welcome!
Gary