Comments

i am erikd wrote on 5/16/2014, 2:08 AM
I think you sold me on this Grazie. I have purchased the upgrade to V13...is there anyway for me to still get the $99 offer for Titler Pro 3?

Thanks,

Erik
Grazie wrote on 5/16/2014, 2:28 AM
Erik? Read this: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?ForumID=4&MessageID=894126is there anyway for me to still get the $99 offer for Titler Pro 3?[/link]

i am erikd wrote on 5/16/2014, 3:29 AM
Looks tricky though if you have already upgraded to Vegas Pro 13 without having gotten TP3 at the same time. I found this at the bottom though of my Sony confirmation email which seems to confirm that you must have made the purchase at the time I did the Sony Vegas 13 upgrade. :(

NewBlue Titler Pro Bonus Offer*
Upgrade to NewBlue Pro Titler 3 for only $99.95 — a $299.95 value! Plus, get a free copy of PrimeTime Lower 3rds, a $59.95 value.

All for only $99.95 with your Vegas Pro upgrade! Get yours today!

*Offer available April 17 - May 31, 2014 when purchasing directly from Sony Creative Software via links in this email. Qualifying serial number required for upgrade pricing. Pricing displayed in US Dollars. Customers outside the US may be charged in local currency.
i am erikd wrote on 5/16/2014, 3:45 AM
Found the demo link and installed it so I will try it out for awhile.

Shows up in Vegas FX options as NewBlue Titler Pro 2.0?
Then when I add it to an empty event it says 3.0....weird.

Then when I tried to take at look at their "Prime Time" presets it said my hardware doesn't meet minimum requirements. Running Nvidia Quadr0 4000 331.82 driver. Crashed it bigtime! I then checked what the "system requirements" posted on their website are and found this.

*nVidia GeForce or Quadro card that supports CUDA with driver 285.62 or newer'

Looks like I am qualified but it doesn't work. Looking like this is all a little too good to be true.

Erik
ushere wrote on 5/16/2014, 5:14 AM
i'm toying with dl'ing the demo, but to be honest the promo looks very cheesy / american style.

has anyone any examples, or seen any of it's motion graphics capabilities? i'm think more along the lines of organic growth rather than in your face 3d with glitter... though the credit roll glimpsed in the promo looked promising.

however i think the most interesting aspect is the ae version
videoITguy wrote on 5/16/2014, 9:21 AM
The key to using NB Titler series - is to realize how much infinite control variation you actually have and thus create the kind of animation in titles that you prefer.
The demo of version 3.0 is right-on for capability - you may look at samples as the flash you get from simple presets built-in - but the organic control is really upto you as the artist with the software.
In order to do this you invest more time and energy into the creative process over the time it can be quickly executed at the preset.
jetdv wrote on 5/16/2014, 11:02 AM
You can contact either Sony Customer Service or NewBlue Support and either will still honor the deal.
jetdv wrote on 5/16/2014, 11:03 AM
Erik, if you're having an issue, please contact NewBlue support.
Grazie wrote on 5/16/2014, 12:05 PM
Creativity all the way. Just 'cos the Paint Box has Prussian blue don't mean I'd use it on everything.

This Titler is choke full of controls. It's down to the Pilot to design the rest.

G

NormanPCN wrote on 5/16/2014, 3:18 PM
I would like to see NewBlue add edge snapping of events on their timeline. It would make getting event edges on separate tracks precisely lined up much easier. Same thing applies to precisely aligning sequential events on the same timeline track (no gap, no overlap).

Also, elastic timeline edges should be snap points.

When you grab an edge the play cursor moves to the edge when you start moving. It would be nice it it did not move the cursor, or at least not until you release the mouse button. Why?

If you place the cursor at a significant spot, say to music, in the NLE timeline and open TP3, the cursor will be mirrored in their timeline. Say you want to drag an edge to exactly that spot. When the play cursor moved on the click you have lost your spot. Also, the timeline cursor would/could/should be a snapping point.

In the TP3 timeline when you click and drag an whole event the play cursor does not move with the drag. I think event edge dragging and event moving should have consistent behavior with play cursor movement regardless of what that operational mode is.
i am erikd wrote on 5/17/2014, 11:46 PM
I am not inclined to start a support ticket with NewBlue as I have a pretty known system and don't want to go through a lot of uninstalls and driver games for something that should work right the first time. I'm curious though if there is anyone out there who wants to talk about their usage of TitlerPro3? Anyone want to say how really happy they are with the performance?

Erik
set wrote on 5/18/2014, 8:49 PM
" Anyone want to say how really happy they are with the performance?"

The most important one that I like is they 'divide' the processing from their host NLE, Sony Vegas, and I no longer felt 'heavy' experimenting with it, compared to 2nd version of TP.

Of course if you need to composite in precise to the scene in Vegas, you will need to click on Vegas application to let it 'update' and continue back and forth while doing it.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

NormanPCN wrote on 5/18/2014, 9:22 PM
Anyone want to say how really happy they are with the performance?

I have used TP2 and now TP3. I have always been happy with the performance.

For edit preview playback they have a menu check option for "high quality preview". I always have that off, and it certainly has never seemed "low" quality. I've not really noticed much difference. This option only seemed to slow down preview playback of some text styles with certain types of texture mapping going on.

The only times I use TP is when I want the fancy text styles and/or animations. For simple text I just use Titles and Text.
jetdv wrote on 5/19/2014, 9:08 AM
Erik, it may or may not be a driver issue. We'll never know if you don't send the information to NewBlue support so things can be determined.