NewBlueFx Titler Pro 7 and VP 17

james-ollick wrote on 8/29/2019, 12:58 PM

If you have NewBlueFx Titler Pro 7 and VP 17 is Titler Pro 7 working as a plugin? I recently upgraded both products and, for me, Titler Pro 7 works as a standalone but when I try to add it to a timeline as a media generator or FX, the window opens but the launch Titler Pro interface button is missing. It works fine as a plugin on VP 16.

Home built PC - Corsair case, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard, i9 9900k, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz,  Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB graphics card, Corsair 1000 watt power supply. Windows 11.

VP 21 BCC 2024 Boris FX Continuum Complete, Titler Pro v7. Various NewBlue effects.

Comments

frmax wrote on 8/29/2019, 1:52 PM

Don´t know about Titler Pro 7, but in my case Titler Pro 6 (bonus of Photostory deluxe program of Magix) is working in VP 17 as fx ( even as media generator), but I don´t have to launch it, it opens automatically.

I9900K, RTX 2080, 32GB RAM, 512Mb M2, 1TB SSD, VEGAS Pro 14-20 (Post), Magix ProX, HitfilmPro
AMD 5900, RTX 3090 TI, 64GB RAM, 1 TB M2 SSD, 4 TB HD, VP 21 Post

Monitor LG 32UN880; Camera Sony FDR-AX53; Photo Canon EOS, Samsung S22 Ultra

Grazie wrote on 8/29/2019, 2:06 PM

If you have NewBlueFx Titler Pro 7 and VP 17 is Titler Pro 7 working as a plugin?

@james-ollick - Yes. And GenMed:

Grazie wrote on 8/29/2019, 2:21 PM

@james-ollick - Just for larfs, I can also fire-up the SA too.

james-ollick wrote on 8/29/2019, 7:14 PM

I am working with NewBlueFx via email daily trying to get it to work. I will keep everyone posted.

Home built PC - Corsair case, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard, i9 9900k, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz,  Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB graphics card, Corsair 1000 watt power supply. Windows 11.

VP 21 BCC 2024 Boris FX Continuum Complete, Titler Pro v7. Various NewBlue effects.

james-ollick wrote on 9/4/2019, 7:08 PM

Not sure exactly what corrected the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled TP7 and VP17 a couple of times. But I have found TP7 works in VP17 when I run VP17 as Administrator. If I do not, it will not work. So, I am a happy TP7 user now.

Grazie wrote on 9/4/2019, 9:51 PM

Not sure exactly what corrected the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled TP7 and VP17 a couple of times. But I have found TP7 works in VP17 when I run VP17 as Administrator. If I do not, it will not work.

@james-ollick - Good! You’ve got it working.....

So, I am a happy TP7 user now.

@james-ollick - Now, compare your exiting and saving experience with that of your experience in previous versions of NewBlue Titler Pro. I don’t understand it nor see what these changes make for me. It’s very sad indeed.

james-ollick wrote on 9/5/2019, 8:42 PM

@james-ollick - Now, compare your exiting and saving experience with that of your experience in previous versions of NewBlue Titler Pro. I don’t understand it nor see what these changes make for me. It’s very sad indeed.

Not sure I am following. When I add a title using TP7 as a media generator, I create it and when done, I click the green check mark in the lower right corner of the TP7 window and it brings me back to VP17. I also saved the TP file as I would save any file from within TP7.

Grazie wrote on 9/6/2019, 12:09 AM

Not sure I am following. When I add a title using TP7 as a media generator, I create it and when done, I click the green check mark in the lower right corner of the TP7 window and it brings me back to VP17.

@james-ollick- Yes indeed.

I also saved the TP file as I would save any file from within TP7.

@james-ollick - Now add further Titles. What is your Saving process? Do you have to change the name of your file you are saving? After 10 or even maybe 100 new Titles what do you think will happen? The saving paradigm or working process is awkward and without clarity. Now try and making Lower Thirds Name Tiltles on say five people. How do you go about sanely chaning their Names and Sharing those Titles? Presently I've been informed, from another place/forum how to attempt this. Not impressed.

Jack S wrote on 9/6/2019, 10:43 AM

The major difference between TP6 and TP7 is the way individual titles are saved and this is what's causing so much confusion/anger. Once you get your head around this new methodology all the rest is very familiar.

The important point to remember, with new projects, is to save individual titles as they are placed on the timeline, with unique, meaningful names. This is a one time process. Once an individual title has been saved you won't need to save it again, irrespective of the changes made to it, as it gets saved automatically when you exit TP7 using the green check mark at the bottom right hand corner.

If you have an old project that has titles generated by TP6 and you want to update it to TP7, do the following. Open the project and save it with a new name, just in case. Open TP7 using the first title on the timeline. Systematically save each title with a unique name. Close TP7 with the green check mark. Save the project. Open the project and the titles will be TP7 friendly. That's how I did it.

There are other differences between TP6 and TP7 and it's a matter of opinion whether each is beneficial or not. However, I think when you see the benefits of the new caching system you'll look on the new title saving mechanism with a little more tolerance.

My system
Genshin Infinity Gaming PC
Motherboard Gigabyte H610M H: m-ATX w/, USB 3.2, 1 x M.2
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Intel Core i7-13700K - 16-Core [8P @ 3.4GHz-5.4GHz / 8E @ 2.50GHz-4.20GHz]
30MB Cache + UHD Graphics, Ultimate OC Compatible
Case Fan 4 x CyberPowerPC Hyperloop 120mm ARGB & PWM Fan Kit
CPU Fan CyberPowerPC Master Liquid LITE 360 ARGB AIO Liquid Cooler, Ultimate OC Compatible
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5/5200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB
MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12, VR Ready, HDMI, DP
System drive 1TB WD Black SN770 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 5150MB/s Read & 4900MB/s Write
Storage 2 x 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors
Generic Monitor (PHL 222V8) connected to GeForce RTX 4060 Ti
Generic Monitor (SAMSUNG) connected to iGPU

Camcorder
SONY Handycam HDR-XR550VE

Grazie wrote on 9/6/2019, 10:57 AM

@Jack S - What would be your workflow for 10 Lower thirds, same Style, but with different Text, say a Person’s Name and Work Title. Examples:

Issie Brunel - Head of Engineering

Allie Einstein - Head of IT....... etc etc.

In NBTP6 this was relatively straightforward. In NBTP7 it’s a mess. Also I could change and select individuals and have that updated on the VP Timeline.

Jack S wrote on 9/6/2019, 1:59 PM

Grazie

This would be my workflow. Best done using two monitors.

Pull the first title onto the timeline which opens up TP7. Immediately use File/Save As to save this title using a unique, meaningful name. When naming this title be mindful that this title will be the template for all your other lower thirds. Modify this title to create your lower third. If you simply want two text fields as you describe, the default will suffice. You'll notice that the title name in the Title List will reflect the name you used when you saved it. You will also notice that the description under 'Design Sharing' is [Unshared].

Now pull the next title onto the timeline which places another title in the Title List named Title. Immediately save this title using a unique, meaningful name. Again, the name will change to this name and the description under the 'Design Sharing' column will be [Unshared]. Click the down arrow in this column on the row of this title and you will see, underneath [Unshared], the name you gave the first title. Select this name and you will see that the description in the 'Design Sharing' column of both titles will change from [Unshared] to the name of the first title, indicating that both titles share the same design.

Pull the next title onto the timeline and repeat the process until all 10 titles have been processed. You can then go through each one filling in the variable text fields under the Scene/Variables tab with your name/job description.

Finally, close TP7 by clicking the green check mark in the bottom right hand corner, to return to VP17.

I know this works because I've just created 4 lower thirds using this method.

As far as your last point is concerned. If you mean updating titles in real time, I can confirm that even though titles are stored separate from VP17 (unlike TP6), they do update in real time. What you have to do is scrub the timeline cursor slightly to get the display to update.

My system
CPU Fan CyberPowerPC Master Liquid LITE 360 ARGB AIO Liquid Cooler, Ultimate OC Compatible
System drive 1TB WD Black SN770 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 5150MB/s Read & 4900MB/s Write
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors

Camcorder

Grazie wrote on 9/6/2019, 2:57 PM

Thank you. This is NOT the process for NBTP6. What about adding as an FX?

Jack S wrote on 9/6/2019, 3:51 PM

I didn't say it was the process for NBTP6. I thought you wanted the workflow for NBTP7.

As far as adding as an FX, I haven't tried that yet but I would presume that it's identical. Why don't you try it?

My system
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors

Camcorder

Grazie wrote on 9/7/2019, 12:12 AM

I didn't say it was the process for NBTP6. I thought you wanted the workflow for NBTP7.

@Jack S - Exactly! What you’ve described, and thank you, to get a result is NBTP7 is more complex than NBTP6. In NBTP6 it is simpler and User friendly.

As far as adding as an FX, I haven't tried that yet but I would presume that it's identical.

@Jack S - Try it and experience what happens. I’ve not been able to get a simple intuitive saving process. Obviously, the value of having it as an FX allows the background to be viewed within the NBTP7 Workspace, so Timing against the Video becomes a straightforward matter.

Why don't you try it?

@Jack S - Why, I was waiting, hoping that you would have described a simpler saving process that I hadn’t discerned thus far. Apparently, from what you say, and again, thank you, there isn't. If this is the case, then NewBlue, IMHO, has taken a retrograde step. There has to be a crucial coding requirement that this saving method has allowed for better Previewing, or whatever.

Jack S wrote on 9/7/2019, 11:18 AM

Grazie

Exactly! What you’ve described, and thank you, to get a result is NBTP7 is more complex than NBTP6. In NBTP6 it is simpler and User friendly.

I don't agree. If you mean that adding the small step of saving each title,as it's generated, more complex then that's a matter of opinion. However, let me put it into perspective:-

Titler Pro 6

Generate title -> -> -> -> -> modify title -> done

Titler Pro 7

Generate title -> save title -> modify title -> done

The step 'save title' takes, for each title, the sequence 'highlight title in Title List, click File, click Save As, enter name, click Save'. What's complex about that? Once done for any particular title that's it. It's a one time process.

Now, if you're saying that the concept of 'Shared Designs' is more complex than the concept of Template sharing in Titler Pro 6 then, I'll grant you, that is a little tricky to get your head around. But more complex, certainly not. In essence the two are very similar but with different names. Design sharing simply describes how 2 or more titles share their particular designs. You could have 10 titles each with their own design in which case each would be declared as [Unshared]. If you take one of those titles, say title 10 and share it with title 1 then both title 1 and title 10 would have a 'Shared Design' of title 1. The other 8 titles would remain as [Unshared]. Any design change you then made to title 1 would be reflected in the design of title 10 and conversely, any design change you made to title 10 would be reflected in the design of title 1. They both share the same design.

This fundamentally is the way Titler Pro 6 worked. It's just that the concept and implementation has changed. Why this was done I don't know, but the way I see it is this, it is what it is. It works, so I just get on with using it. I hope that the above explanation makes it easier to understand. I'm sure that it will become familiar to you in time.

My system
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors

Camcorder

Grazie wrote on 9/7/2019, 11:35 AM

6 held a Database of Personnel names and so on, which I could change as and when. Where’s that in 7?

seetharamaiah-velicheti wrote on 9/7/2019, 11:44 AM

Why I most dislike NewBlue FX software. I purchased Vegas Pro 14 Suite in which some bundled software came to me like, BCC Extruded Text, BCC Title Studio, BCC Type on Text, NewBlue FX 3 Pro. Without purchasing any additional upgrades, all BCC versions originally bundled with VP14 Suite, are working excellent repeat excellent.

But when I tried to open NewBlue FX3 Pro, it crashes whole Vegas Pro 14. On reading reviews, I came to know that the NewBlue FX3 Pro bundled with VP14 Suite is very old NB FX 2 which is not compatible with Vegas Pro 14, which gives same problem to many people. NewBlue FX beats our heads with its ads to purchase NB FX 7 version but NewBlue never gave a trial version to atleast taste the beauty of its software. When I downloaded trial version of NB FX 7 and tried to make one single line title, finally when I clcked the save, it suddenly pops up a message box on my title that it is a trial version, asking me to purchase full version immediately, not allowing me to do atleast one single title. That means, NewBlue creators are purely business minded, not allowing video editors to use NewBlue bundled version, or trial version of their latest version. Whereas in the world almost all softwares are giving trial versions of full version atleast for a weak, 15 days or a month. Though NewBlue gives a trial version for one week, you cannot make a single title out of it as when you click save, the title is blocked by a message appearing on that as, "Trial version, upgrade to enjoy" something like that. But BCC is excellent and there are no such hitches with BCC. BCC never bore you with messages to purchase their new versions and its all bundled versions are excellently working without a single fail. A person can purchase latest versions of BCC if he has money otherwise he can happily use the bundled versions without any trouble. Then why should I invest large amount of money on a software like NewBlue which I cannot taste a drop of it? Any one please take my view to NewBlue and also give me your views on my view. My hereby expression on NewBlue is legitimate, true, painful experience with NewBlue. People wrote that their purchased versions of NewBlue are working fine but who bothers. I can't blindly purchase anything without experiencing a trial run. If you wish to purchase a car, they will give a trial run. If you wish to purchase a Kaspersky Internet Security, they will give you a full-pledged one month trial run. Then what is this non-sense with NewBlue. I feel for name-seek they are writing that 7days will be the period for trial-run but You cannot make a single title on trial version as that PoP Up to purchase full version, blocks your title.

Jack S wrote on 9/7/2019, 4:49 PM

6 held a Database of Personnel names and so on, which I could change as and when. Where’s that in 7?

I've been using Titler Pro 6 for about 18 months now and I'm not aware of a database per se were you could store names. Now if you're talking about text variable fields that can have different text values in different titles with the same design then Titler Pro 7 has these as well. Look under the Scene/Variables tab for each title to find the text variables declared for that title and change them to your heart's content.

My system
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors

Camcorder

Grazie wrote on 9/7/2019, 10:29 PM

Look under the Scene/Variables tab for each title to find the text variables declared for that title and change them to your heart's content.

@Jack S - Thank you for your detailed advice and kind patience.

Jack S wrote on 9/8/2019, 4:43 AM

Grazie

you’re welcome.

My system
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors

Camcorder

john-Reynolds wrote on 10/1/2019, 6:58 PM

Sorry new to these blogs. I upgraded from movie premier platninum and titler worked fine. I upgraded to vegas pro 7, but how to I get titler 7 stuff in. Got some but I replicates too. Please help

you have NewBlueFx Titler Pro 7 and VP 17 is Titler Pro 7 working as a plugin? I recently upgraded both products and, for me, Titler Pro 7 works as a standalone but when I try to add it to a timeline as a media generator or FX, the window opens but the launch Titler Pro interface button is missing. It works fine as a plugin on VP 16.

If you have NewBlueFx Titler Pro 7 and VP 17 is Titler Pro 7 working as a plugin? I recently upgraded both products and, for me, Titler Pro 7 works as a standalone but when I try to add it to a timeline as a media generator or FX, the window opens but the launch Titler Pro interface button is missing. It works fine as a plugin on VP 16.

john-Reynolds wrote on 10/1/2019, 7:00 PM

Sorry new to these blogs. I upgraded from movie premier platninum and titler worked fine. I upgraded to vegas pro 7, but how to I get titler 7 stuff in. Got some but I replicates too. Please help

john-Reynolds wrote on 10/1/2019, 7:01 PM

I was given a boris standalone too....