NIK Photoshop plugins are now free

Guy S. wrote on 3/30/2016, 12:01 PM
As of 3/24/2016 Google has made all seven Nik Photoshop plugins available free of charge. Prior to being acquired by Google Nik sold these plugins for $150 each.

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

The license agreement states that all images created with these plugins become the property of Google; content creators may use the images on a royalty-free basis but Google may insert ads whenever an image is used online or in print. (this last bit is pure fiction, getting a head start on April 1st!)

Comments

Grazie wrote on 3/30/2016, 12:45 PM
Yup, been experimenting of nearly a week now.

G
FixitMad0 wrote on 3/30/2016, 1:09 PM
Guy,

Thanks for sharing the information and links. I was not aware they were doing that! Good News!

Thanks again.
Marco. wrote on 3/30/2016, 2:27 PM
And the plug-ins can even be used in Serif Photo Plus.
VMP wrote on 3/30/2016, 7:02 PM
Thanks for sharing Guy S.

VMP
PeterDuke wrote on 3/30/2016, 8:26 PM
I paid $100 AUD for the HDR plugin, (on special I think) but never really used it.

So far as the watermark is concerned, I don't think Google would be joking or bluffing. Big Brothers never joke.

Perhaps the plugin inserts something into the image header, but the header would be created by the parent program such as Photoshop. Alternatively, a normally invisible copy protection watermark is inserted into the image itself, which is more likely to be the case with Google. That would be more their style,
Former user wrote on 3/30/2016, 9:16 PM
I'm using them with PaintShop Pro X8 64bit without any problems...