No audio on DVD

billynmi wrote on 2/20/2005, 8:10 PM
I am a newbie and I searched the forum but could not find the answer to my question. I made a DVD from VMS using the "Burn to DVD " option and then let auto transfer to DVD Arch and use the files that VMS generated and burned a DVD. I played the DVD on my Desk top player and the video looked great but no audio. I was using background music for my slide show.
Then I went back to VMS and chose the" Save to HD " and rendered to MPEG-2 and then fed this file to DVD Arch and burned a separate DVD and both the audio and video were there. Does this have something to do with the separate default .wav file for the audio that VMS wants to produce from the "Burn to DVD" option. I noticed that the "Save to HD" only makes one file for both video and audio as opposed to two files in the "Make DVD" option. Thanks in Advance

Billy

Comments

bunn wrote on 2/20/2005, 8:33 PM
I have posted a message in that I have the same problem. VCD is ok but no
sound on the DVD.I am at present in touch with Brian Puntney at:-
<BPuntney@sonypictures.com> there are no answers as yet but hope so
in afew days......Mailed him spme data today (Feb 21st)
bunn wrote on 2/20/2005, 8:34 PM
I have posted a message in that I have the same problem. VCD is ok but no
sound on the DVD.I am at present in touch with Brian Puntney at:-
<BPuntney@sonypictures.com> there are no answers as yet but hope so
in afew days......Mailed him spme data today (Feb 21st)
SonyTSW wrote on 2/20/2005, 9:38 PM
Download and install the Vegas Movie Studio 4.0a update, should fix your problem. You can get to the update page under Support at the top of this page. Or use the workaround noted in the Knowledge Base article about this issue, here's the link:

No audio present when using 'Burn to DVD' in Vegas Movie Studio 4
billynmi wrote on 2/21/2005, 6:19 PM
Hello Sony TSW. I tried the work around and I have audio on my DVD. Thanks. However I tried to down load VMS version 4.0a and I get the message " Source file could not be read, try again later". Well I tried again several times and I get the same message or it seems to go off in never never land and does not come back. Has anyone else had this problem. I am using a dial up connection , could this have anything to do with it. Thanks again,

Billy