Comments

earthrisers wrote on 7/11/2012, 7:11 PM
And here I was hoping you were going to post a video of Rita Hayworth and Fred Astaire dancing to it...
robwood wrote on 7/11/2012, 7:47 PM

(video is 1964, not 62... but still, before Satisfaction...)
John_Cline wrote on 7/11/2012, 11:18 PM
It's official! I've disliked the Rolling Stones for an entire half century. :)
Grazie wrote on 7/11/2012, 11:19 PM
I knew all that. Marquee Club 1962 gives the 50.... Satisfied now?!

Grazie

Grazie wrote on 7/11/2012, 11:33 PM
John, "It's only Rock n Roll"!

G

Soniclight wrote on 7/12/2012, 12:13 AM
Grazie,

"... but I like, like, like it. Yes, I do." :D
(not as old as "Satisfaction" but still ancient-ish)
Leee wrote on 7/12/2012, 12:55 AM
"I wanna be your man"
I wonder if he sang that to David Bowie?

(referring to the recent biography that states David and Mick were "lovers" in the 70's)
---- not that there's anything wrong with that.

The story goes that Bowie's wife walked in on her husband and Mick in bed together. And her first thought was that she wished SHE was the one in bed with Mick. Ah, those wacky pre-AIDS days.

Anyway, a bit off topic for this "off topic" post. Sort of "off-off-topic"

Good night!

EDIT: Why is M-I-C-K's name getting censored? Too back for anyone here name M-i-c-k, huh? So I guess I can't say Mick is a dick?
ushere wrote on 7/12/2012, 3:42 AM
i remember seeing them booed off stage in a venue on eel pie island. mind you, the place was known for trad jazz ;-)

i'd gone to see them along with a friend of keith richards who'd been asked to come along for moral support!

next time was at crawdaddy's i think.
Grazie wrote on 7/12/2012, 4:33 AM
My sister was a Tradie. Went to the Eel. Waaaay before my awarenesses of all things Beatles and Stones!

She was all Kenny Ball, Humph and Lonnie Donegan the King Of Skiffle.

G

ushere wrote on 7/12/2012, 5:56 AM
have to say neither the preceding trad band nor the rolling stones we're my cup of tea at the time. what was i don't actually remember. however, whether they were my cup of tea or not, they certainly became it ;-)

worked at olympic studios in richmond for a while while at art college. made tea for some very memorable, and some imminently forgettable people.

oh, maybe it was tommy steel i liked?
Grazie wrote on 7/12/2012, 7:31 AM
Er? "olympic studios" with Eddie Kramer?
Soniclight wrote on 7/12/2012, 7:32 AM
To me, the Stones were best from songs like "Lady Jane" up to about "Exile on Main Street." After that, I pretty much lost interest even though I admire Jagger and the boys for being one of the most persistently hard working bands around. Got a bit to glammy along the way for my tastes even though a couple of songs since then have been pretty good. I liked them better when they had more "street fighting man" type lyrical teeth, so to speak. Even though I liked "Angie" and "Moonlight Mile", etc. too - lol.

And from the footage I've seen of concerts in the last 20 years, I wouldn't go to one if you paid me. The audience seems less interested in actually hearing music than having a place to get loud and, well, probably also stoned (no judgment, I went to a few concerts on-something back in my hay days (very early to mid 70s)... Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Genesis, etc.) I'm just an older fart now and not as wild.

And speaking of Floyd, Stone concerts these days seem very different from concerts such as the late Pink Floyd ones. Plenty of applause at the end of songs, but Floydies actually
paul_w wrote on 7/12/2012, 7:46 AM
A bit jealous, always wanted to record in Olympic Studios... Used to live in Barnes around the the corner for some years. Used to walk past it and think 'some day'... never did :(
Then i got a bit older and things changed. I believe its a picture house now.

Paul.
ushere wrote on 7/12/2012, 10:09 AM
yep, made tea for him too... or was it instant nescafe?

i spent most of the time laying out and wrapping up cables, making tea, and hanging around the periphery waiting for the joint to make it to me.....

ah, just wish i could remember more ;-)
Grazie wrote on 7/12/2012, 11:18 AM
Leslie, check this out. Olympic was also the place Eddie had Jimi working too. Eddie Kramer

G

Steven Myers wrote on 7/12/2012, 3:14 PM
When I hear Keith Richards playing guitar, it makes me feel like committing a felony. (I mean that in a good way.)
ushere wrote on 7/12/2012, 6:05 PM
it's sad in a way that i remember so little of those days - my life seemed to have revolved around sex and drugs with rock 'n' roll very much on the periphery. i don't even have any decent anecdotes from my time there (67 > 68) - it was literally a part-time job to help me get through art college.

thanks for the link grazie ;-)