OT: Business Card sized DVD-R??

Arks wrote on 10/26/2004, 11:53 AM
Hello my fellow Vegas Users,

A client I am working with swears she got a DVD that was a size of a business card (the Carddisc) size. I am assuming that she got one of those mini CD-Rs that are the size of a business card...but im not sure. Does anyone know if they make business card sized DVD-Rs??

thanks!

Brian

PS(i prefer to post in here since you guys answer many of my other questions; I also posted in DMN-vegas)

Comments

farss wrote on 10/26/2004, 12:57 PM
I'm prettty certain they only do them in CD-R
ScottW wrote on 10/26/2004, 1:08 PM
If you go to replication you can get lots of different sizes and shapes. Some of the replication houses are getting pretty competitive, so much so that as soon as you start talking quantities of 500 or better, it's just not worth doing the DVD-R.

I did ask a guy from Ritek about this while I was atWEVA, and he said the demand just wasn't there (my guess: probably because replication is so cheap).

--Scott
Trichome wrote on 10/26/2004, 3:13 PM
Yes they DO make business card and other shaped DVD's
here's a link for example only, I am not endorsing the company or thier pricing. Found on Google.
http://www.cdfx.com/newsite/index.php
TheHappyFriar wrote on 10/26/2004, 6:32 PM
I haven't seen business card DVD's for sale in retail stores, but I did see the mini DVD+R's (gamecube size disks). However, my Sony burner said that it doesn't reccomend burning to them, which makes me wonder if that'ss because a) sony hasn't made them yet or b) they can fly around and break te DVD burner.
riredale wrote on 10/26/2004, 7:54 PM
I was amazed last week to learn that a client's Jeep has a slot-loading CD player that took a miniCD I made for her with no problems. I would have assumed that miniature CDs would choke a slot loader.

travel_addict wrote on 10/26/2004, 8:18 PM
Here's one from Canada
http://www.microbizcard.com
They willl do 500.

Cheers
Arks wrote on 10/26/2004, 8:33 PM
thanks for the replies everyone!

passing on making these ourselves via dvd-r and going with replication sounds like a better idea. We'll see how many she wants.

thanks!

B