OT: Chroma Key Backdrop Question

mjroddy wrote on 10/27/2007, 8:09 PM
To the Chroma Key Kings (and Queens) out there:
Which one of these would you buy:

I like the Muslin because it comes with the stand and case.
I like the other because it's *24 FEET LONG* that would allow me to keep my subject well away from the bkg.

Any thoughts or recommendations?


Coursedesign wrote on 10/27/2007, 8:18 PM
With muslin, your forehead will soon be as wrinkled as the fabric.

What you want is this:

Foam-backed chromakey fabric

It won't wrinkle either the fabric or your forehead, and it pulls great keys. Costs a bit more, but what's your sanity worth? :O)

Sizes up to 15'x24'.

mjroddy wrote on 10/27/2007, 9:43 PM
That's the stuff! Looks perfect!
Thanks very much.
Serena wrote on 10/27/2007, 10:27 PM
You buy it by the metre (or yard) from you local studio supplier. Easy to hang and easy to light. The rolls are large, but I've no idea how much is on a 5 foot wide roll (but much more than 16 feet, because that's what was left at the time I bought and that's what I got).
Baron Oz wrote on 10/29/2007, 10:17 AM
I agree, the foam backed stuff is awesome! No wrinkles, hangs straight, easy to seam to make larger backgrounds, etc.