OT: Digital Juice Sound FX

jkrepner wrote on 4/10/2006, 7:37 AM
(Sorry for yet another OT post)

I'm interested in purchasing the Digital Juice Sound FX collection and I'm curious to see if anyone here has used it, known someone that has used it, or any general thoughts and/or comments. I own the Sony Pictures sound effects volume 1 and have been very immpresed. What the Sony collection lacks however, and what this collection claims to have, is what I call "swoosh" sounds that work well for transitions, flying logos, stuff like that. I've created my own "swoosh" sounds using various sound fx, but it'd be nice to have a some options already to created.

I don't need 12 different elephant sounds or 25 different riffle sounds, I'm mostly interested in the sounds that punch up video effects. Make sense?

Thanks as always.

Jeff

Comments

Spot|DSE wrote on 4/10/2006, 7:38 AM
DJ's music libraries are good, but their sound FX are pretty weak, IMO. If all you are needing is swooshes and the like, then it's probably pretty good. I think they've got some good pricing going on right now too, don't they?
Dach wrote on 4/10/2006, 7:45 AM
I purchased the Sound FX collection with the introductory pricing. I feel all the products that DJ offers are descent. The FX library is okay and is meeting my expectations.

Chad
TomE wrote on 4/10/2006, 7:55 AM
www.soundrangers.com has downloadable sound FX and Music. They have samples for you to listen to online. I have been looking for some swooshes too and am considering these guys since it appears I can buy just the swoosh I need and not have to buy a whole big sound Effects library for a few sounds.

-TomE
jkrepner wrote on 4/10/2006, 7:59 AM
The price is $599 for the DJ fx, so they say it is $100 off normal price. I'm interested in trying their editors tool kit 10 and if you purchase anything else on their site you can get the tool kit 10 for $199 (normally $399). I have a few projects that would benefit from editor's took kit 10, so I'm tempted to get the sound fx collection to get the tool kit at a reduced price. But $599 is a lot of money for swoosh sounds.
jkrepner wrote on 4/10/2006, 8:35 AM
TomE, the Sound Rangers looks promising. They sell the entire transitions and whoosh sounds as one collection for $199, which I'd prefer over downloading al cart in some ways. (Sort of kills the moment when you need to stop and hop on line with your credit card to search for sounds...)
Jimmy_W wrote on 4/10/2006, 10:01 AM
I have ETK 10 and its their best yet. As far as the sound fx library, I don't think you will find one of its size and quality for the money. I am pleased with it so far and I never touch the sony library any more. The juicer 3 make for easy auditions. I give it a nine.

Jimmy
jkrepner wrote on 4/10/2006, 10:56 AM
Jimmy, would you say the whoosh/transition sounds are good? I wish I could demo more stuff from them---they have a little audio montage for each section that is less than stellar.

Thanks.

Jimmy_W wrote on 4/10/2006, 1:04 PM
Yes they sound great and there is plenty of them. The library is massive, something like 10,000 sounds to choose from. Its fit all my needs so far.

Jimmy
tkalvey wrote on 4/12/2006, 11:36 PM
Anyone interested in it may want to get over there and get it....MAJOR pricing reduction announced. It's limited to the first 1.000 customers.....$249 for the SFX library. There is also an option to get you two stack traxx AND an Editors Toolkit ALL for $349.
Dach wrote on 4/13/2006, 5:53 AM
Having already owned the FX library I called DJ this morning. They hooked me up with the entire Stack Traxx library for $249.99. Very pleased with their offering.
ken c wrote on 4/13/2006, 6:53 AM
wish I'd waited then, rather than spending $300-$400 for fx alone, whatever it was, the intro special ... ah well, I'll call too, thx chad

btw I bought it mostly for the human voiceovers in it, pleased with them.

ken
jkrepner wrote on 4/13/2006, 8:02 AM
tkalvey, you just saved me about $350! I owe you a few drinks!

Thanks... jeff
farss wrote on 4/13/2006, 8:09 AM
You know a lot of these sounds one can make yourself. For the sort of money we're talking about here you'd probably buy enough kit to start recording your own. Even a lot of foley stuff isn't that hard to DIY.

Bob.
tkalvey wrote on 4/13/2006, 12:22 PM
Few Drinks...not needed.

Just happy to forward information along.

I'm chomping at the bit to take advantage of the offer....just waiting for a client to pay for some work.