Comments

Jsnkc wrote on 6/3/2004, 8:31 AM
Not that I condone illegal DVD copying....but there are some software tools available that are free that will allow you to make backups, and they work just as good, probably better than the ones you have to pay for.
Chienworks wrote on 6/3/2004, 8:37 AM
Most of those rumblings you've heard are planted by the folks selling the software. They've been saying "Get it now while you can, reduced from $399 to $39.99" for at least 5 years now. It's all marketing hype to get you to make a snap decision and shell out the cash.

Besides, most of that software is available free for the downloading anyway.
Spot|DSE wrote on 6/3/2004, 9:11 AM
Not quite...the 321 Studios court decision in San Francisco and New York City of last month required 321 to initiate an "update" patch that kills the ability of the software to decrypt copyguards. So, if you can find an old version, buy it. Don't download the 'update' from the 321 site.
DGA won that one quite handily. Now it's the Mormon Church and Clearplay they are after. that's going to be a tougher fight.
http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/72516
fosko wrote on 6/3/2004, 9:31 AM
Thank you,
And I am in agreement with you Jsnikc, I'm opposed to copywrite infringement. My girlfreind and I have gotten into it a few times about her downloading movies from Kazza/Napster ect. My office mate seems to think it's ok torent a movie from Block buster...copy it.. and sell it on Ebay.

Being a composer/musician..I know that's etihcially wrong. ...becasue I'm not getting paid for my hard work. Anyway...enough of that soap box :-)

Thanks for the input all !
JakeHannam wrote on 6/3/2004, 9:48 AM
" Kazza/Napster "

Be aware that Napster is NOW perfectly legitimate (downloads for 99 cents each) and is a competitor for iTunes and other legal downloading services. It is NOT part of Kazaa.

Jake
FrigidNDEditing wrote on 6/3/2004, 11:00 AM
hey, I have a question (big supprise there).
The company I work for has a license deal where they keep track etc... and send in quarterly or something to use clips etc... but we have a DMR T-3040 and VT2 that we tried to record a clip from the DVD of Princess Bride, and the DMR T-3040 stopped recording when it got to that part becuase it was Copy right protected. How does one get around that? My boss was just a little steamed.

Thx
Jsnkc wrote on 6/3/2004, 11:15 AM
If it's copy protected the only way around it is to rip the DVD to the hard drive and then re-encode to a AVI and WAV file, usually quite a pain in the A$$.
FrigidNDEditing wrote on 6/3/2004, 3:38 PM
gotcha, thanx

BTW: sounds like it's a major pain
fosko wrote on 6/4/2004, 12:39 PM
I hear ya Jake.
It was just kind of a very loose reference. but speaking of downloads... I've never really dont it before. Got this thing fro mAOL...$8.95/ month..unlimited downloads. I thought...hmm, not a bad price. Until I tried to write it to a CD. They didnt tell me it was an additional $.99 / song. Another AOL rip off. So far best price I've found is walmart.com....$.88/song.

Just my 2 cents (per song :-) )