Comments

CorTed wrote on 12/20/2007, 4:18 PM
No, it's about as slow as usual for me, no time outs.

Ted
TheHappyFriar wrote on 12/20/2007, 4:27 PM
i was having issues. cleared my cache & they stopped.
riredale wrote on 12/20/2007, 5:54 PM
It's probably just the rootkit that Sony injected via this forum months ago.

Seriously, the forum was VERY SLOW earlier today. Slow enough that I decided, for the first time, that it wasn't worth the wait and I actually got some other work done. Thank you Sony!
John_Cline wrote on 12/20/2007, 6:23 PM
I've had way more timeouts than usual for the last week or so. I cleared my cache and it changed nothing.
LarryP wrote on 12/20/2007, 7:02 PM
I was helping a coworker update his copy of Studio and the main site was embarrassingly slow about 1PM central time. Interestingly the download was very fast, about 1.5mbyte/sec. Probably a content delivery network.

Larry
farss wrote on 12/20/2007, 9:06 PM
On this side of the big pond it's pretty bad.
I now copy any post before I hit Post Message as it's 50:50 whether it works or not. I can understand why we're seeing more double posts.

Bob.
Cheno wrote on 12/20/2007, 9:30 PM
I hit submit and went and did my Christmas shopping online... got right back in time to see my post go live.

I've just learned to multitask around it - gonna hit Post on this one and go shovel my drive...

cheno ;)
essami wrote on 12/21/2007, 3:00 AM
Ive been getting time out errors lately as well.

ss
John_Cline wrote on 12/21/2007, 9:37 AM
SONY FORUM OPERATORS:

Trying to navigate this forum has become an excercise in total frustration. This forum has been slowly disintegrating for quite a while now. Seriously, it's time to do something.

I don't know what it's going to take; faster computer, faster Internet connection, faster, more reliable something. At this point, I would even entertain the thought of using some different forum software (provided all the previous posts could be ported over.) Perhaps we could all collectively move to some other forum, like DVInfo, DMN or DVXuser until they get this forum fixed and fixed for good.

Something needs to be done NOW or, at least, let us in on what the problem is and what steps might be taken to fix it.

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting ridiculous. How can you have the best performing editing software and the worst performing forum?

John
TheHappyFriar wrote on 12/21/2007, 11:03 AM
I now copy any post before I hit Post Message as it's 50:50 whether it works or not.

if it goes FUBAR hit the "back" button in FireFox. your message is still there.

Anyone trying linux? Last week I had 0 issues while viewing the forum in Linux. Only had issues in Windows.
JJKizak wrote on 12/21/2007, 2:53 PM
I am having problems also with errors and having to double click a subject.
JJK