Comments

PossibilityX wrote on 6/24/2007, 6:20 AM
David, thanks for sharing this footage. I think it's fantastic, and it brings back a lot of pleasant memories of my one afternoon in Venice....

I particularly liked the shots taken from the gondola.

Can't believe you didn't use a tripod on some of these shots----Deshaker must really work. Or else you have an extraordinary ability to hold a camera perfectly still!

Very nice footage!
dreamlx wrote on 6/24/2007, 7:11 AM
Well, actually it was my wife who held on the camera - except on the gondola, I had it because my wife had to hold our pug... I prefer doing tripod work, but she does not want to take one on holidays...:)
Laurence wrote on 6/24/2007, 9:08 AM
Looks great - every bit as good as if you had used a tripod. Was that using the Deshaker script we've been talking about from Vegas?

I kind of hate the music though.
dreamlx wrote on 6/24/2007, 1:04 PM
Nice to hear that you liked it.
The deshaker script was used for deshaking.
Music was generated using Cinescore.
John_Cline wrote on 6/24/2007, 1:08 PM
Great looking footage, nicely edited.

I didn't have any particular problem with the music.

John
Serena wrote on 6/25/2007, 1:07 AM
Good photography and nicely put together. You could probably deshake the gondolier shots more if you wish (but they're fine) by increasing the motion smoothness parameters. I've used 15000 and am currently deshaking some sail racing clips taken from the crash boat (very bumpy) using 8000. Amazing what DeShaker can smooth if you're prepared to crop the image. The music is OK but would be nice to introduce a little greater variety (try fiddling with the hints); but if you're happy with it then not to worry.
Well done.
dreamlx wrote on 6/25/2007, 2:58 AM
In fact the gondola shots are the only ones that have not been deshaked at all, but might be worth giving it it try.
Serena wrote on 6/25/2007, 6:26 PM
Yes, worth doing for the experience of seeing how well it works. Also I think it will improve the shots.