Comments

farss wrote on 6/19/2010, 6:46 PM
Is it 1st April today?

Bob.
rs170a wrote on 6/19/2010, 6:49 PM
The hats should come with a propeller on them to complete the "look" :-)

Mike
richard-courtney wrote on 6/19/2010, 7:09 PM
I'm serious about the "shoulder mount"..............

EDIT: Found the links at vio-pov.com

kkolbo wrote on 6/19/2010, 7:17 PM
I rather have a shirt with an epaulette type holder instead!

You might like the chest straps that the Go Pro HD has available. They are cheap and I find it more steady that a hat. Then again, the head strap for the Go Pro is less wobbly as well. ;-p

kkolbo wrote on 6/19/2010, 7:18 PM
The problem with a shoulder mount is what do you do when you are burping the baby and it barfs? Then again, where would my Cockatoo sit :-(

kk
farss wrote on 6/19/2010, 7:25 PM
"The problem with a shoulder mount is what do you do when you are burping the baby and it barfs?"

You sell the clip to something like Australia's Funniest Home Videos. They're paying $500 if your clip goes to air.

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/australiasfunniesthomevideoshow/

Bob.
TheHappyFriar wrote on 6/20/2010, 4:41 AM
I made a suit that would allow you to place anything with a 1/4" tripod mount to almost anywhere on your upper body. Was pretty cool. :)
Dave_OnSet wrote on 6/22/2010, 5:51 AM
Take a look at www.goprocamera.com
I bought one a couple of weeks ago and have been having fun with it.
Some pretty wacky mounting stuff. I just bought the 'head strap' mount - it looks really stupid, but it's perfect for driving POV shots. Given enough light, the camera image is great -- plus it has a superwide lens for that real POV feel.
They had some dynamite demo sports footage at NAB.
I've been converting the files to MXF in Vegas (and burning them to XDcam Pro Discs with a U1 drive) for my clients who use the XD disc system.