Comments

Jsnkc wrote on 2/22/2005, 2:27 PM
I've been using the Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse for a while now and I love it. It not only has the up and down scroll, but the left and right scroll as well. (the left and right scroll don't seem to do anything in vegas though)
farss wrote on 2/22/2005, 2:29 PM
I've got the uStuff Intellimouse for thsi PC. The editing ones have Shuttles so mouse not so important on them.
Trackballs are worth a look too, personally I've never been comfortable with them but the few I know that have taken a few days to get used to them will never go back to mice.
Bob.
nickle wrote on 2/22/2005, 2:35 PM
Just don't buy a 1 button Macintosh mouse.
MyST wrote on 2/22/2005, 2:46 PM
Logitech MX510. Wired optical mouse.
I tried Microsoft but found them uncomfortable.
My suggestion is to go to the local store and try all the ones that are in your price range, then go home and search the net to find reviews (quality related) of the ones that interest you.

Mario
skibumm101 wrote on 2/22/2005, 3:17 PM
Wouldnt worry about the mouse too much, id be wondering why you dont have a shuttle pro 2 or similar device. MY optical mouse cost 11 dolars, and works fine. THe shuttle really is what you need for vegas
musman wrote on 2/22/2005, 3:21 PM
then you might try a 3M "Ergonomic" mouse. Looks like a joystick out of Zaxzon (dated '80's reference if you didn't catch it), but it has helped me out A LOT. The idea is that a hand shake position is more natural and less tiring then a 'palms down' position. Made me a believer.
Its scroll works a little differently, so I've gotten used to using my Shuttle pro2 for that in Vegas.
Orcatek wrote on 2/22/2005, 5:48 PM
Once you get used to it a trackball can be very handy. Typically a fair amount of programmable buttons and it doesn't take much space.

riredale wrote on 2/22/2005, 5:59 PM
I use a cheap little Memorex wireless optical mouse that has two additional buttons on the right and left sides that I've programmed to go forward and backwards in my web pages. Good for lazy people like me.
Nat wrote on 2/22/2005, 7:03 PM
I personaly use the Logitech MX1000 mouse.
there are 3 thumb buttons where I map CTRL, ALT and shift.
Couldn't live without that now, very handy in Vegas where I can do a lot of operations using only the mouse with the thumb buttons.
Jeff Smith wrote on 2/22/2005, 10:58 PM
"I personaly use the Logitech MX1000 mouse.
there are 3 thumb buttons where I map CTRL, ALT and shift.
Couldn't live without that now, very handy in Vegas where I can do a lot of operations using only the mouse with the thumb buttons. "

I'll second that, while a bit pricey, very nice. Great application switch via thumb button, the scroll wheel has multi functions.
rique wrote on 2/23/2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the advice (I have a shuttle pro, but can't mouse with it).
I've decided to try out the 3M Ergonomic mouse. It would be nice if it had extra programable buttons but I've realized I am suffering from quite a bit more wrist and elbow pain than I thought.
Kula_Gabe wrote on 2/23/2005, 1:56 PM
I use the Razer Diamond back. It is a gaming mouse, but its on the fly adjustible sensitivity make it move quickly enough across my dual 19" CRTs. I would not recommend it to most people, but if you game, and or like to have very fast, accurate mousing, this could be for you. I find that by moving my arm wist less, I have less fatigue. This is also a reason I hate working on the macs at work, their fastest mouse speed it about half the speed I like, which is a real pain on a large 23" display. Though, the display is really nice on my eyes.

I also use the Nostormo n52 gamepad for editing. It allows you to program functions to keys, buttons and a wheel to work w/ any application.