OT: new video driver

Woodenmike wrote on 9/6/2012, 3:00 PM
There is a new release beta video driver on the EVGA site...306.02 (release 8/26/12).
http://www.evga.com/support/download/default.aspx
After many video driver crashes on my new build, I've come to the conclusion that the card itself is defective and am going to return it. My GTX470 has been working great since removing the GTX670. I came across this driver release just before making the decision to yank the 670 out and put the 470 in, and thought some of you might be interested in a new driver release...the link is for Win7 64, but you can find other releases on the EVGA site.

Comments

Tim20 wrote on 9/6/2012, 3:56 PM
I was have tons of crashes in Vegas and updated to that driver as a beta. It didn't help what did help was:

1. Put ram preview to 0

2. Stopped using the external preview button to view on my second monitor and just undocked the video preview into the second monitor.

I have not had a crash in days.
Guy S. wrote on 9/7/2012, 12:01 PM
A couple of weeks ago I began getting BSOD's every 10 minutes, even when the system was idling. I swapped the EVGA 550ti card for the old GeForce 9500 and the crashes stopped immediately.

Woodenmike wrote on 9/7/2012, 12:37 PM
Guy, that's kind of where I was at too...once I yanked the 670 out, the crashes have stopped, and my 470 is playing very nice with Vegas Pro11. I'm sending the 670 back to EVGA and will see if the replacement will bring a return of the problems or not....
I see in your system specs you have a Nikon 7000...how are you doing with that? I have one also and like it more for still photography, but have used it for video also...find that getting the settings right for video to be a bit cumbersome, especially if using any auto features.