OT: ( Sort of... ) NewBlueFX Upgrade Offer Sham

Stringer wrote on 9/4/2015, 5:32 PM
I received an upgrade offer from NewBlueFx to experience Titler Pro 4 Ultimate.

The link button proclaims: " UPGRADE TO THE ULTIMATE"

When I click on the link, I see this page:

I found the price very surprising, to say the least, but when I chose " ADD TO CART ", the cart it takes me to says nothing about " Ultimate "; only Titler Pro 4..

I did the online chat thing, and " Alex " said he was sorry about the mistake, & gave me a link where I could get Ultimate for $226.

Of course, that is a nice discount off of the regular price, but the email that was specifically about " Ultimate ", and the link that took me to the $104 price, seems like a bit of " bait & switch " to me.

I followed the links again, right before posting this, and I still get the same thing seen in my image..

Comments

Steve Grisetti wrote on 9/4/2015, 5:45 PM
Well, for what it's worth, NewBlue is usually not one to bait and switch. In fact, in my experience, their customer service and support has always been terrific.

I'm sure it's mixup somewhere. But, before you dismiss NewBlue outright, wait a few days and see if things straighten out.

They do make a Titler Pro that comes bundled with Vegas Pro.
Derm wrote on 9/4/2015, 6:35 PM
I think this company has integrity despite the many issues in this forum but I completely fail to see any attraction in their upgrade offers which are regularly emailed to me. I think that hey are dreaming if they think their offers are attractive to existing customers
winrockpost wrote on 9/4/2015, 6:40 PM
they used to be very reasonably priced...but no mo
by the way my vegas 13 has newblue this and that in my effects, need a notebook to figure out what works in 13 what in 12 oops this one only in 10....pretty nuts
Kit wrote on 9/4/2015, 7:35 PM
I agree, I used to buy NewBlue products but was very put off by the pricing model change the other year and the pressure tactics that came with it - upgrade immediately or loose out. To me in their efforts to get new customers they were turning their backs on the old ones. When the offers came out for Titler Pro 4 that was enough for me to unsubscribe from their mailing lists.
Spectralis wrote on 9/5/2015, 12:17 PM
Yes, they decided to repackage the effects I own so that they are spread throughout their new packages now the upgrade package options cost a fortune and are stuffed with plugins I don't need. Also the upgrade to Titler Pro is overpriced with few improvements so I passed. I bought the Hitfilm plugins (which now come with Hitfilm 3) instead. Upgrading BCC 9 will cost me much less than it would to upgrade my NBFX so it's no contest there. They have shot themselves in the foot with all the needless and overpriced changes.
PeterDuke wrote on 9/5/2015, 8:21 PM
I bought Video Essentials 1-6 over a period of time, but now when I see yet another New Blue email, I delete it without reading it.
PhillB wrote on 9/6/2015, 3:59 AM
Same here, it seems very much the same product repackaged with a few changes and big price tag. I refer to the upgrade offer not the product overall.
musicvid10 wrote on 9/6/2015, 8:59 AM
When the titler is $39.95, I'll give it a whirl. As for the effects? . . . nah.
jetdv wrote on 9/12/2015, 12:38 PM
Stringer, contact NewBlue support and you will be assisted in getting the proper price. NewBlue does not "bait and switch". Any offers offered will be respected. Please do send the details of the offer and what is happening.
jetdv wrote on 9/12/2015, 12:39 PM
Steve, the bundled version of Titler Pro is Titler Pro 1. It was only bundled with Vegas Pro 11 and 12. If you are using Vegas Pro 13, Titler Pro 1 will show a watermark.
Stringer wrote on 9/16/2015, 2:02 PM
After contacting NewBlue support as recommended by jetdv, they responded very quickly and honored the price I was seeing when following the links to the email I received.

Thanks NewBlue & jetdv,,,