OT: Ultimate S question on quadcam

ken c wrote on 5/2/2006, 10:10 AM
Hey again (sorry for the questions; I've got over 25 DVDs to edit/render this month!) ...

Re Ultimate S, I'm trying it out, looks great...

Question re quadcam ... from where do I render, to get the final footage with all multicam edits done?

If I do a straight render with the MC-Tally track highlighted, I get what's in the preview window, eg the PIP editing window footage..

What do I do/choose, to edit out the final footage with multicam edits correctly, eg after I've chosen the cuts and they look right in the video preview window ... what do I now do/choose, to be able to render as/ and get a final avi that correctly outputs the final video w/cuts I've edited using Ultimate S?

thanks,

ken

Comments

Spot|DSE wrote on 5/2/2006, 10:42 AM
Run the second step of Quadcam, this assembles a master track containing your edits. This is the timeline from which you'll render. The original cam tracks and tally will be hidden beneath the master, but still there in case you need to make edits/updates.
DavidMcKnight wrote on 5/2/2006, 11:11 AM
btw Ken, no worries on running that second step. Your markers remain in place, if you need to make a small movement on a marker, just move it and run the second step again. I do this all the time - we'll have 2 or 3 camera tracks and a totally unrelated in synch audio track, and the edits happen perfectly.

It's hard to choose what has been the best "cheap" piece of gear that I've purchased...I'd choose either Ultimate S 2 or the $17 diffusers I just bought for our on-cam Sony lights :)

ken c wrote on 5/2/2006, 11:17 AM
Hi - thanks Spot! That's easy enough, worked like a charm. This will save a lot of time, vs having to manually do splits, or do video envelope up/down mark ins for each cam ...

although I couldn't get the countour shuttle 2 settings prefs to work, at least I have it set to ctrl-1/2/3 for each cam, makes it easy!

and thx David, that's good to know re marker movements and re-running step 2 again..

I appreciate the help!

from a seminar I did last september, here's a quick intro clip I just rendered out .. thanks to your tips ... hey this is easy! ultimate S will save hours and hours of time ... now I like vegas even better..

http://www.daytradinguniversity.com/2camedits.wmv (2.6megs)

just bought Ultimate S2 - thanks. I'm indebted.

ken
PumiceT wrote on 5/3/2006, 10:47 AM
Quick lazy question: Is there a plugin to do 5 to 7 camera angle edits, or is 4 pretty much the max?
jetdv wrote on 5/3/2006, 11:19 AM
PumiceT,

Vegas can easily handle more than 4 camera angles. There are currently four multi-cam products for Vegas:
Duo-Cam (VASST): Limited to 2 cams (Free)
Ultimate S 2 (VASST): Limited to 4 cams
Excalibur 5 (JETDV): Presets for up to 25 cams
Infiniti-Cam (VASST): Presets up to 100 cams

All have free demos and sample videos you can watch.