Comments

jerryb wrote on 6/8/2003, 7:36 PM
Bedford, New Hampshire
randy-stewart wrote on 6/9/2003, 1:31 AM
Whoa! Guess I'm a little late. Aloha from Makakilo, Hawaii, just west of Waikiki on the island of Oahu.
Randy
wobblyboy wrote on 6/9/2003, 1:42 AM
I'm from Anchorage, Alaska, where the weather's always warm and the sun shines day and night.
Grazie wrote on 6/9/2003, 2:50 AM
Hello RBartlett!

I went to IoV this year - stayed overnight and took in the Awards!

Did you read my article in FOCUS in the attempt to start a West London Chapter - IoV9?

Point taken on the "keeping quiet" front. A very small group of us started the London Vegas Users Group. Supercoach, here on the Forum allowed us to meet on his premises. Any chance of you and come to that SDmoore coming next time?

Hey, the weather is June-ish today - might nip out with my XM2 and my new fluid head and lanc controller today and attempt to improve my "panning/zoom" shooting!

Cheers,

Grazie
RBartlett wrote on 6/9/2003, 4:24 AM
there was me thinking that the subject was good to look folk up quickly via.
BD wrote on 6/9/2003, 8:58 AM
Boiling Springs, a village in the Pennsylvania countryside.

I recently had a dream that Billy Boy moved into our neighborhood! It was great having an expert editing-buddy nearby. I walked across a hayfield behind our house to visit him. He probably gave me some good advice, but I don't remember it.

Brandon's Dad
RBartlett wrote on 6/9/2003, 11:11 AM
I'm just getting myself into more trouble using this subject field for info aren't I.
SonyDennis wrote on 6/9/2003, 1:16 PM
> Funny how nobody is from Madison, Wisconsin like me, the home of SoFo.

This bug is now fixed. I am! <g>

Also, I see BStanding is from MadTown. I might have clicked off by a few pixels, because it says we're 118 miles apart! I know my lat/long, though, even if I can't click a map.

Chien: Cool map. Does it compensate for the projection when calculating distances? Does it do great circle distances? You know, if you added city lookup, lat/long entry, zooming, prettier pins, and some other spit and polish, you could make a web service out of this! You should register "pushpinmap.com" just in case (I see that pinmap.com is already taken, but not active).

///d@
Chienworks wrote on 6/9/2003, 2:37 PM
Dennis, sorry, no corrections or compensations whatsoever. And it's not miles either. It's pixels * 33, which at my latitude going horizontally is pretty close to kilometers, which is why i picked 33. But, as one gets farther from the equator the discrepancy between east/west measurement and north/south measurement gets much worse.

The real reason for the distance calculation is to sort the list of by who's closest to you.

I've been mulling over the web service idea already. I've got a copy of the page running for my chat room and we'll be doing the same for the missionaries that my church supports later this week. Your ideas are definately good, but would entail a lot more work. I just did this for a lark ... so far ;)
bdunn wrote on 6/9/2003, 3:41 PM
Right next door to DaveT2. ;)
PhilinCT wrote on 6/9/2003, 9:14 PM
Hey from the great state of Connecticut. Thanks for your help during my last year of learning Vegas.
Phil
steinar2 wrote on 6/10/2003, 7:52 AM
Skien, Norway.

ODDRANE!