OT: Wirelessly sending video to remote monitor

smhontz wrote on 4/7/2013, 11:54 AM
I have a two-camera team. I would like to wirelessly send the video from each camera to a monitor on the other camera so we can watch what each other is doing. I already have the monitors. Cameras can output composite AV (RCA), SD-SDI, HD-SDI, and HDMI. One monitor only takes composite video (RCA); the other accepts composite, component, or HDMI.

The picture quality isn't the most important thing here; we're just trying to check the framing of each other's shot, and make sure one of us is stable if the other is moving or checking focus. "Inexpensive but reliable" is more what I'm looking for.

It has to have two-channels so we can do run two signals at once, and it has to play nice with wireless mics.

Comments

Zulqar-Cheema wrote on 4/7/2013, 12:44 PM
Me to, only something I view on my tablet
Laurence wrote on 4/7/2013, 1:05 PM
The Panasonic GH3 and GoPro will both do this over wifi with IOS or Android apps. I have both the GH3 and GoPro 3 black and have played with this with both my iPad and Android phone. There is a good amount of latency and this isn't anywhere near solid yet, however it is a feature that's actively being worked on. The upcoming Panasonic GF6 camera is going to have this ability as well.
Opampman wrote on 4/7/2013, 1:37 PM
I have used these and they are pretty solid for 300 feet or so. Markertek also has some with much greater range but you pay for it.

http://www.markertek.com/Digital-Video-Production/Video-Cameras-Camcorders/Wireless-Video-Equipment/AVS-5808.xhtml

Kent
c3hammer wrote on 4/7/2013, 3:39 PM
Neither inexpensive nor two channel that I know of, but the gold standard for wireless full HD monitoring. Go see Dan at the Small HD both at NAB starting tomorrow.

www.paralinx.net

Cheers,
Pete

JackW wrote on 4/7/2013, 3:42 PM
We do this hardwired when we're shooting theatrical material. We carry a 150 reel of cable and connect via RCA on camera and monitor. We have found that only one operator needs to see what the other is shooting to avoid duplication of the shots. The closeup camera op is always able to see what the wide shot looks like.

Jack
c3hammer wrote on 4/7/2013, 3:54 PM
here's a demo

https://vimeo.com/46022878