parent/child track relations and scaling

zcus wrote on 3/2/2006, 1:28 AM
I'm doing a composite with a master parent track and several child tracks - I'm scaling the child tracks down individually so I can rotate them around using the parent track, but when I zoom in or scale them up using the parent track the child tracks loose there resoloution - is this a bug? Shouldn't they retain there resolution as long as there not scaled above there oridginal resolution?

Thanks

Comments

Chienworks wrote on 3/2/2006, 4:14 AM
Are you using Track Motion? If so, the problem is that Track Motion renders a project-sized frame first, then performs the motion on that frame rather than using the original images. Use Pan/Crop wherever possible as this retains the original resolution through the transformations, then renders afterwards.
zcus wrote on 3/2/2006, 4:25 AM
Thanks for the reply

I thought that first and did a project using pan/crop combined with parent track motion and the same thing happened. I guess whenever you use parent track motion as the main motion ie.(scaling multiple tracks of video as childs) it will always loose some resolution. Unless someone knows better...
Chienworks wrote on 3/2/2006, 4:44 AM
One thing i've done to get around this is to create a very large frame size, such as 1964x1440 (1.0 PAR) and render to a temporary uncompressed AVI file. Then i'll use this new AVI file and rerender it to standard size afterwards.
zcus wrote on 3/2/2006, 5:08 AM
Good Idea - us Vegans are so smart!!!