Pathetic excuse for a s/w - Can't render mp4

Gujjuguy wrote on 12/17/2011, 7:26 PM
I am writing this after more than 1 and half months of frustrating ordeal to make Vegas Pro 11 work on my machine.

This was my first time with VP11 (upgraded from Movie Studio 11). It has not been able to render as .MP4 and it keeps crashing. The Customer Service made me run de-bugging programs, extracted multiple logs from machines and put me through 20+ debugging steps for more than a month. So far I have done 8 Factory re-sets of my Machines and have tried Catalyst 11.10, 11.11 and the latest 11.12 Driver for ATI and all possible version of .Net frameworks.

After 1.5 month of extremely frustrating ordeal, the customer Service told me that it was a known issue and I have to wait for the next build when it will be resolved. The 511 build release history states that my problem is resolved. And here I am, back to square one.

Today I did my 9th factory re-install, updated all drivers and did a fresh install of build 511. I added Color Gradient (Media GEnerator) on a blank project and try to render. The software cannot render as .MP4 and crashes.

I am not looking for help any more. I just want a way to get my money back. I feel I hve wasted my money and 1 and half month of my time on a pathetic piece of a software and multiple Beta releases.

Comments

musicvid10 wrote on 12/17/2011, 8:49 PM
I'm sure you know that a peer forum is not the place to ask for your money back. However, if you're just venting . . .
;?)
Steve Mann wrote on 12/17/2011, 10:30 PM
Which encoder are you using? Which template?
Grazie wrote on 12/17/2011, 10:57 PM
I know you want to do MP4 - I got that - but how about other renders? How about rendering back to the original media's format?

G

paul_w wrote on 12/18/2011, 5:38 AM
That sounds like a total nightmare. But why on earth has this been going on unresolved for so long.
First, there are 3 ways to render to MP4 in vegas, please tell us your rendering options.

MainConcept AVC
Sony AVC
XDCAM MP4

Next tell us if you are using GPU on or off in Vegas options.
And what Preview RAM setting and rendering thread count do you have.

cheers
Paul.