Comments

jeff92k10 wrote on 8/9/2008, 6:11 PM
I checked and have the same update to v9 link under the free updates column on the "My software" page.

I downloaded it and get the same serial number/product key prompt.

I imagine they put the link in the wrong place and it isn't supposed to be in the "free updates" column. Maybe they'll make it right by giving us a product key for v9. Hey Sony, hint hint. :)

Jeff
MSmart wrote on 8/9/2008, 8:19 PM
I tried it too, obviously a mistake. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Maybe they'll make it right by giving us a product key for v9. Hey Sony, hint hint. :)

Wake up, you're dreaming.
Ivan Lietaert wrote on 8/10/2008, 7:36 AM
If you bought plat 8 very recently, Sony may decide to give you the update to V9 for free. I would advise you to contact sony through this portal.
fishbelt wrote on 8/11/2008, 9:27 AM
I'll see what happens in a few days and give sony a e mail? Some time you get a break.. thanks guys.
fishbelt wrote on 8/12/2008, 11:51 AM
VMS platinum 8 up date is just a promo for vagas 9, not and up date... will
jeff92k10 wrote on 8/12/2008, 1:42 PM
I thought the same thing but logged an incident with SCS anyway. Here's part of the response I got...

Thank you for contacting Sony Creative Software. The serial number [removed from this post] is the correct serial number for your Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 and should allow you to upgrade to your new Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0.

He goes on with troubleshooting steps and I don't have v9 working yet, but it's a good start. :)

Jeff
Paleale11 wrote on 8/12/2008, 6:43 PM
I upgraded to vegas plat 8, and received it 2 weeks ago, the day before Vegas 9 came out, I called sony and they are sending me Vegas 9 Plat pro, only had to pay the difference from what I paid to upgrade to Vegas 8, It was like $16, I will receive it this Fri. And that includes Shipping.

Paleale
Superman wrote on 8/13/2008, 7:07 AM
Must be fixed. I only get 8.0d updates listed. Actually upon reading again, they must have given you the update because you just bought an old version. That's pretty cool.
dannyco wrote on 8/20/2008, 3:02 AM
I bought 8.0 four weeks ago, a couple of weeks before they announced 9.0.

I emailed them and they said you get a free download version upgrade to the next version if bought within 30 days of the new one being announced.

I could also have paid the carriage and got the boxed version sent, but opted for download. It appeared under the Orders area with new serial numbers.