Platinum up grade

fishbelt wrote on 3/19/2006, 8:38 PM
Minor/ major goof here. I purchased the Platinum and was using the demo to see if I like. Well when I down loaded the full version, I was in a hurry and did not un- install the demo... yep. The full version thinks it's still the demo and will not let me burn any DVD. Best route to take besides a bar.... un-install and then redown load if they let me or drop Vegas an e mail?

Comments

Chienworks wrote on 3/20/2006, 3:13 AM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling. I can't see that there is any reason to download again.
Tim L wrote on 3/20/2006, 5:18 AM
I *think* the trial version and the purchased version are the same thing -- you just need to enter your activation codes to "unlock" the trial version and make it fully functional. See if you can find a way to do this -- try the "About" menu.

I'm pretty sure when I bought Platinum late last summer, that I downloaded the trial while I waited for my "boxed" edition to arrive. When I did receive the boxed manuals, I just used the codes printed in the first pages of the manuals to unlock the trial version -- I never installed VMS from the CD. I did have to install DVD Architect studio from the CD, because I hadn't downloaded a trial for it.

Tim L
fishbelt wrote on 3/20/2006, 6:40 AM
Thanks Chienworks and Tim for fast response. Took Chien advise and re- entered the code in menu. That did the trick. Thanks again.