Play doesn't play

Zelkien69 wrote on 10/17/2014, 10:01 AM
On multiple computers, randomly while editing, when I hit the space bar the playback rate located on the bottom left of the UI will show 1.00 with the gray speed/playback marker above the orange triangle but nothing plays.

It simply holds where it is and won't play. At first I would restart Vegas, but then found I could go into preferences and click OK (originally I was toggling the play pause/play start option) and it would work again. This is happening on multiple workstations on multiple projects.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

xberk wrote on 10/17/2014, 10:40 AM
Weird. I've never seen this on any version of Vegas.

Paul B .. PCI Express Video Card: EVGA VCX 10G-P5-3885-KL GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA ,,  Intel Core i9-11900K Desktop Processor ,,  MSI Z590-A PRO Desktop Motherboard LGA-1200 ,, 64GB (2X32GB) XPG GAMMIX D45 DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-25600 Memory .. Seasonic Power Supply SSR-1000FX Focus Plus 1000W ,, Arctic Liquid Freezer II – 360MM .. Fractal Design case ,, Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8P1T0B/AM 980 PRO 1TB PCI Express 4 NVMe M.2 ,, Wundiws 10 .. Vegas Pro 19 Edit

Chienworks wrote on 10/17/2014, 11:15 AM
I experience this every time i disconnect my external USB audio interface. The next time i try to play in Vegas the exact same thing happens to me. I have to go into audio properties and set it back to 'Microsoft Sound Mapper' before Vegas is happy again.

Strange that Vegas seems to be smart enough to use the external interface when i connect it, but not smart enough to switch back when the interface disappears.
Zelkien69 wrote on 10/17/2014, 3:14 PM
Thank you Kelly! I started using a AudioQuest Dragonfly (which I can't recommend enough) a few weeks ago. Boom! I take my headphones and DAC with me to every station so that's it. Now for a solution because I'm not going to give up my Dragonfly.

FYI a Dragonfly is the audio equivalent of a DataColor or Color Munkie calibration for your audio. It's amazing.
ChristoC wrote on 10/17/2014, 5:08 PM
> Now for a solution because I'm not going to give up my Dragonfly.

You just have to change the Audio settings every time, as you can't expect Vegas, or any other app, to just "know" which audio interface you require at any one time....

Chienworks wrote on 10/17/2014, 7:20 PM
Well, it would be kind of nice if, when the current one is removed from the system, Vegas would at least default back to Windows Sound Mapper, especially since when i plug in my external audio device Vegas starts using it even if it was previously set to Sound Mapper.
DiDequ wrote on 10/18/2014, 1:20 PM
Hello.
I gave you a possible workaround here:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=908316&Replies=0

I just clik on the reg file I need ...
Geoff_Wood wrote on 10/18/2014, 10:24 PM
I see this when using my Phonic Helixboard firewire mixer that I just updated the drivers for, which broke them.

geoff