plugins show as demo's in other host program?

attalus wrote on 6/19/2005, 3:27 PM
I recently bought a new computer so i had to install cd architect and reregister it again.After installing CD Architect 5.0 and CD Architect 5.2 i went into my Host program (Sonar 4) to use my CD architect 5.0 plugins but they come into sonar as demo versions and i hear beeping noises.Do anyone know how to solve this.I've registered and activated all my Sony products and don't know what would cause my plugins to be demo's in other host applications.When i use them in CD Architect however they work fine and as full version plugins.Please help!

Comments

Eye wrote on 7/13/2005, 11:52 PM
I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution for this?
attalus wrote on 7/15/2005, 4:33 PM
I think i've found the solution.Go to downloads than click updates, than click cd architect 5.2 and some instructions will appear warning you of this problem.You may have to reinstall both versions 5.0 and 5.2. I have not tried it to see if it works or not, but heres a copy of what it says:

CD Architect Update 5.0 to 5.2
Please Note: Using the default installation path is recommended. The default installation path for Sony CD Architect 5.2 is C:\Program Files\Sony\CD Architect 5.2. Problems such as file format plug-ins stating they are expired or demo beeps occurring when you use Sonic Foundry or Sony audio effects can occur if, during installation, you change the install path to a directory that holds older Sony/Sonic Foundry products.