Preview window ??

rstrong wrote on 1/31/2009, 10:39 AM
The only time I can see video playing in the preview window, is when I have a clip on the timeline. Even in 'Project Media' when I select a thumbnail, and use the play button, I can only hear the clip playing, while the preview window is black. I've looked for settings everywhere, but can find nothing. When I used to use Vegas Pro 7, I remember it worked great! Anyone have any ideas?

R. Strong

Custom remote refrigerated water cooled system for CPU & GPU. Intel i7- 6950X, 10 Core (4.3 Turbo) 64gb DDR4, Win7 64 Bit, SP1. Nvidia RTX 2080, Studio driver 431.36, Cameras: Sony HVR-Z5U, HVR-V1U, HVR-A1U, HDR-HC3. Canon 5K MK2, SX50HS. GoPro Hero2. Nikon CoolPix P510. YouTube: rstrongvideo

Comments

rs170a wrote on 1/31/2009, 11:09 AM
From the Vegas Pro 8 readme:

When the Show Video Monitor button in the Trimmer window is selected, video that you preview from the Vegas Explorer and Media Manager windows is played back in the Trimmer. Because the Trimmer is placed in the same window dock as the Explorer and Media Manager, you will not see your video preview. To preview Explorer and Media Manager video, you can drag the Trimmer to a new dock group, or you can turn off the Show Video Monitor button to preview in the Video Preview window.

Mike
rstrong wrote on 1/31/2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks Mike, that was it.........

R. Strong

Custom remote refrigerated water cooled system for CPU & GPU. Intel i7- 6950X, 10 Core (4.3 Turbo) 64gb DDR4, Win7 64 Bit, SP1. Nvidia RTX 2080, Studio driver 431.36, Cameras: Sony HVR-Z5U, HVR-V1U, HVR-A1U, HDR-HC3. Canon 5K MK2, SX50HS. GoPro Hero2. Nikon CoolPix P510. YouTube: rstrongvideo

rmack350 wrote on 1/31/2009, 11:34 AM
This question seems to come up every three days on this forum. What does it tell you?

People don't search the forum (the problem is answered as often as its asked)
People don't read release notes
Many people never touch the trimmer

SCS probably needs to make the next update of Vegas default to the old legacy trimmer settings, or maybe animate the trimmer tab so that you know something's going on there, assuming the trimmer is open.

Rob Mack
rs170a wrote on 1/31/2009, 11:42 AM
Many people never touch the trimmer

I'm one of them.
However, I've seen this question come up numerous times on Vegas forums everywhere so I know what the answer is :-)

Mike