Pulled the Trigger on Vegas 11 Today...

goshep wrote on 4/16/2012, 11:42 PM
Despite the nightmare stories I've read about Vegas 11, I upgraded today from the old reliable 8c. I needed ACVHD editing and Premier is just awful. I've never had any of the problems others have had and I've been with Vegas since 4 but so far I've noticed the preview bogs down and/or freezes up momentarily. This is the first I've used Vegas on a laptop so I'm not sure if this is a Vegas issue or system issue. I'm using only the onboard SSD right now and I confirmed that GPU acceleration is off.

I'll tinker some more. Right now I'm just glad to be rid of converting everything from AVCHD.

Comments

rmack350 wrote on 4/16/2012, 11:44 PM
If you find that everything works, stop tinkering :-)

Rob
goshep wrote on 4/16/2012, 11:46 PM
Lol. Good point.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 4/17/2012, 12:10 AM
When you said "pulled the trigger" , I though you meant something like this :

geoff
Jay Gladwell wrote on 4/17/2012, 5:44 AM
"[i]... and Premier is just awful."

Umm, that's odd. Just this past Friday I finished a rush job editing eleven (11) 45-minutes videos for a client without one single problem, not even so much as a hic-cup, using Premiere Pro CS5.5 on an old system with Q6600 processor. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Vegas.

If SCS can ever get Vegas back to where it used to be performance-wise, then "I'll be back."

paul_w wrote on 4/17/2012, 5:54 AM
I am also interested in that why the poster said that. Seems to go against everything else we read about it.
A personal experience?

Paul.
goshep wrote on 4/17/2012, 9:11 AM
I should have been more specific about Premier. There is nothing awful about the performance that I've discovered. It's merely personal preference. It is so contrary to everything that I love about Vegas. The four camera limitation for multicamera editing is a bummer as well.

Didn't mean to stir anything up. I'm just excited to see that familiar (albeit darker gray) GUI on my screen again.
Jay Gladwell wrote on 4/17/2012, 9:30 AM
"The four camera limitation for multicamera editing is a bummer as well."

In the for-what-it's-worth department, PluralEyes also works in Premiere Pro.

paul_w wrote on 4/17/2012, 11:27 AM
Agreed, it does feel very different to Vegas, bit of a learning curve at first. But once you start using it, PP sings. Still playing with PP5.0, even thats good. Never had a single crash or issue with it yet. Currently i am using both while learning more about it.

Paul.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 4/17/2012, 5:59 PM
You can easily turn off the darker style if you don't like it (I don't).

geoff
[r]Evolution wrote on 4/18/2012, 8:49 PM
[/i]"The four camera limitation for multicamera editing is a bummer as well."[/i]

Also in the for-what-it's-worth department:
- How many Camera Angles do you normally edit?
- What type of Vids are you Editing/Producing?
- Got a link to some past work?

Your specs list a JVC GY-HD-110U:
- What AVCHD are you editing?