Comments

gogiants wrote on 7/11/2005, 4:36 PM
You should be able to do "Make Movie | Save to Your Hard Drive" and then choose "QuickTime 6" as your format.
carolinaadi wrote on 7/12/2005, 8:32 PM
Is quicktime the preferred format to save movie files that I want to play on the web?

ScottW wrote on 7/13/2005, 4:56 AM
For max compatibility, you'll likely want to provide both QT and WM9. If I remember correctly, the biggest issue with QT is that you may have a tough time getting decent looking output without purchasing a better codec. Try searching the forums for the word quicktime or the word qt to see if you can find any discussion of this.

--Scott
gogiants wrote on 7/13/2005, 11:08 AM
Biggest issue with Quicktime is that it is a bit more of a Macintosh thing. Sure, it's available on Windows, but... many Windows users would have to go through the steps of downloading and installing Quicktime, whereas they'll very likely have Windows Media Player already installed.
Chienworks wrote on 7/13/2005, 12:30 PM
Kinda makes me wonder when i see those stats that say that 82% of all computer users have Windows Media player installed, 86% have Quicktime installed and 98% have Flash player installed. Who are they polling and how long ago was that poll made? I think just about every Windows-based computer sold in the last 8 years has shipped with Media Player already installed on it. I would guess that in reality probably more people have Windows Media Player installed than any other player.