Comments

Grazie wrote on 7/28/2005, 9:45 AM
Nope! - But we DO get loads of Take-Away Menus "thrust" through our house letter-box when the people paid for delivering them can't be bothered anymore to walk further down the road OR they need to get their "numbers" up - yeah?

I did get this one:

"Sony Broadcast & Professional Newsletter - Summer 2005"

Is it that one?

Grazie
Chienworks wrote on 7/28/2005, 10:00 AM
By any chance, have you used different email addresses every time you've registered a SONY Media Software product?
RexA wrote on 7/28/2005, 10:19 AM
I only got 10 copies of the email.

I checked this forum today specifically to see if anyone else mentioned it. I looked at the headers and the 9 that came in this morning are all sent to the same email address. Time stamps on the messages are over a period of about an hour.

Liam_Vegas wrote on 7/28/2005, 10:44 AM
By any chance, have you used different email addresses every time you've registered a SONY Media Software product?

Of course not.
johnmeyer wrote on 7/28/2005, 11:19 AM
Do I get a prize?? I just received thirty-seven (37) copies!!
earthrisers wrote on 7/28/2005, 11:43 AM
I may have beaten the record of 37 copies, but I'm not sure... I've deleted several big batches of them already this morning.

Ernie
Chienworks wrote on 7/28/2005, 11:44 AM
I'll vote for ya!

I'm not even in the running. I only got one, and i have two email addresses registered with SONY.
B.Verlik wrote on 7/28/2005, 12:30 PM
You guys must be getting mine, because I rarely ever get one. Of course, I never buy anything and maybe they think I'm a waste of time.
mjroddy wrote on 7/28/2005, 12:39 PM
Guess I should feel lucky by the sound of things - I only get 3 per mailing.
BrianStanding wrote on 7/28/2005, 12:49 PM
I get zero... by e-mail. However, I routinely get 2,3 or 4 of the snail-mailed catalogs.
earthrisers wrote on 7/28/2005, 1:29 PM
I'm up to over 60 copies now, all to the same e-mail address.

I'll apply to Sony techsupport to claim my prize, if no one reports a higher number...
Jimmy_W wrote on 7/28/2005, 1:56 PM
They must have sent my copy to one of you guys. Lucky me, I didn't get zilch !
Jimmy
johnmeyer wrote on 7/28/2005, 2:25 PM
60? I just got 14 more, but that only gets me to 51. You win.
epirb wrote on 7/28/2005, 2:56 PM
Im at the 0 mark too, made sure a couple times Iwas signed up for them , made sure all the checked boxes that were suposed to be checked were, but still Zip..Nada
OdieInAz wrote on 7/28/2005, 3:02 PM
Maybe you can sell them on e-bay? Surprising what they move on that site.
Liam_Vegas wrote on 7/28/2005, 3:04 PM
Yep... this was the very first time I have ever received any... so somewhat of a good news/bad news thing. Still at the 40 mark... so I definitely bow to those of you who received more.
MUTTLEY wrote on 7/28/2005, 3:07 PM
"Was anyone else this lucky?" - Liam_Vegas

... hm, smells like sarcasm to me.

- Ray

www.undergroundplanet.com
Liam_Vegas wrote on 7/28/2005, 3:27 PM
Can't let it go can you?

I guess you would think that... as that would help you feel better...

it was really pretty amusing.
winrockpost wrote on 7/28/2005, 3:31 PM
Old friends become bitter enemies on a sudden for toys and small offenses.
Robert Burton
Liam_Vegas wrote on 7/28/2005, 3:33 PM
That's elevating this pettiness to a level that certainly doesn't match my feelings on this...

but nevertheless I get your point.
winrockpost wrote on 7/28/2005, 4:01 PM
Yeah, was a little dramatic, but couldn't resist.
, hope you guys work it all out . like you said its pettiness
MUTTLEY wrote on 7/28/2005, 4:09 PM
"Sarcasm (that you exhibit quite frequently) does not help. In fact... it turns me away from wanting to help you." - Liam_Vegas

After being unnecessarily chastised by you for a comment I made in another thread that had nothing to do with you aside from the simple fact that you read it, yes, I did find it ironic that the very next day you end a post with a sarcastic remark and yes indeed I did feel inclined to point it out. Is it petty to bring attention to the fact that you're hypocritical as well as arrogant and condescending? Possibly. But dontcha think it was petty for you to attack me without provocation?

Hypocrites never seem to see the irony in their actions.

- Ray

Liam_Vegas wrote on 7/28/2005, 4:35 PM
Muttley... I really am sorry (for everyone who has to read this) that you continue to keep this up. I've sent you a private email... as I think at this point continuing a conversation like this serves no-one any good.

My comments above cannot possibly be compared with any validity to the types of posts I was referring to when I responded to your post. Anyone with a modicum of objectivity would be able to see the difference.

I know that what I did has upset you. I'm sorry for that. My reasons (as already stated) were really drawing your attention to the fact that your sarcastic remarks berrating various problems you have do not help you find a solution. Rather... keeping a calm head... and describing the problem you are experiencing without resorting to your form of sarcasm will help you more.

I appreciate that my opinion and the way of expressing it hit you hard.

Again... I'm sorry for that. I won't do it again.

Now... can we grow up and leave this alone?
MUTTLEY wrote on 7/28/2005, 5:34 PM
I do believe an apology would have been a welcome reprise and gratefully accepted had it not been tainted by the several jabs that you seemed to have felt were appropriate in your last post.

" That you continue to keep this up ... " ( Yea, just me, there hasn't been a calculated antagonizing insult in every one of your posts regarding this )

" Anyone with a modicum of objectivity would be able to see the difference. " ( So the implied being that I don't possess a modicum of objectivity )

" My comments cannot possibly be compared .... " ( Not at all, your berating opening comment in my thread was completely called for and justified )

" ... your form of sarcasm " ( Still caring to judge are we ? )

" Now... can we grow up and leave this alone? " ( I'm pretty confidant that by "we" you mean me )

I'll give you that you disguise your motives cleverly but do you honestly think for a second that your attempts at putting me down while simultaneously trying to give the appearance that your taking the high road would go unnoticed? Come on now, anyone with a "modicum" of sense will see through that. I gotta say that I think it was brilliant that you began your post by pointing out that you sent me an email, as if you were trying to keep this private. As if I were to reply on the forum I'm the instigator and the immature one. If you truly wanted to keep this private ( or make this private ) there would have been no need for the rest of your slyly crafted post would there?

Let me clue you in, this is what an apology looks like " I was wrong for attacking you without provocation in the forum. If I had a personal problem with you or your post I should have contacted you privately in the first place. I realize that I have made an err in judgment and apologize for any unnecessary embarrassment, frustration, or pain it may have caused. "

Feel free to copy and paste.

- Ray