regions into subclips in one step?

Arks wrote on 11/29/2004, 2:19 PM
Hello,

I should know how to do this, but either it slipped my mind because I have been editing so much lately, or it cant be done without a script.

process:

take an hour long clip and place it in the trimmer. Make a number of regions and name them as to what they are. Next... is there a command or script to turn all those regions into subclips at once, rather than individually? help? I think I have seriously had a "brain fart". (i should know this one)

B

Comments

Grazie wrote on 11/29/2004, 2:49 PM
' I think I have seriously had a "brain fart". ' excellent ! Never heard of this one . . cooo .. .

OK, Subclips that you wanna keep are made from the Trimmer. You can also subclips from the T/L but these aint keepers. Regions are something else again. So yah either make Subclips or Regions. As far as I know you can't make Regions into Subclips. Making Sublcips is :

1/- Highlight area in Trmmer> Right Click > Save as Subclip and you get an option to name - EXCELLENT!

2/- Regiosn this is saving thing for regions and it gets placed into the folder the event comes from .. yeah? . .THink that's correct . .

So, either Subclips OR Regions. As to flatulence .. . just a load of hot air!

Grazie
jetdv wrote on 11/29/2004, 8:37 PM
That's exactly what the Extract Good Clips tool in Tsunami does.
Grazie wrote on 11/29/2004, 11:08 PM
. . and of course there is Tsunami .. Edward, does this "convert" regions to Subclips? . . I was reading the original poster's question . .

Grazie
Arks wrote on 11/30/2004, 6:28 AM
Hi guys,

Yeh, now I remember seeing that Tsunami does something similar to this. From what I read about that portion of Tsunami, it says you can make regions and then run the command to place those clips seperately on the timeline..if they go into my subclip bin out of the trimmer in one step, that would be great.

B
Arks wrote on 11/30/2004, 6:32 AM
Hi grazie,

You know you are always a breath of fresh air on the forums; you always seem to have smile on your face and you can see it in the replies =) Keep that up!

Now, I know you can make a region on a portion of a large clip in the trimmer and then name it whatever you want. After naming it, you can select that region, then right click and create subclip. The nice thing about this is the region name is now the subclip name; so you save a step in creating the subclip and if you need to go back to the large clip via the trimmer to see that clip, it is clearly marked in a region. I know you can call up that portion of the subclip from the "parent" large clip, but its nice to pop the large clip in the trimmer and see the regions where the subclips were created from. Is this good practice? LOL. Just another great thing about this NLE software, you can do so many things in such different ways.

B
www.influx-media.com
Grazie wrote on 11/30/2004, 6:45 AM
" . . you are always a breath of fresh air .. " NOT before I've hit the toothpaste in the morning . . TAKE my word for it! . . But thanks for the feedback . . AND thank you for the Region<>Subclip thang too! . .Great stuff! . . What a great group of people here!

Seeyahs!

Grazie

jetdv wrote on 11/30/2004, 7:59 AM
. . and of course there is Tsunami .. Edward, does this "convert" regions to Subclips? . . I was reading the original poster's question . .

Yes, it creates Subclips for all the pieces marked by regions and will even name the subclips whatever the name of the region is. In the future it will be optional whether to create subclips or simply copy those sections.
Arks wrote on 11/30/2004, 9:05 AM
good to hear; i'll have to look into it!