Render remaining time + API manual for Vegas Pro 20

marcinzm wrote on 2/18/2023, 6:22 AM

Hello,

1) I would like to get (from a C# script) remaining time of render? Is it possible to get such "value" from API Script. I was not able to find this in API manual.

2) Where can I get the scripting API manual for Vegas Pro 20? The last one I have found was from year 2018. Is it something newer to download?

Regards

Marcin

Last changed by marcinzm

If you are bored, drink water, you will want to pee. -> Albert Einstein - my idol!

I am 42. I have been creating videos since 2009 (the date when my first daughter was born in). My first video software was Pinnacle, next one was Sony Vegas 8 (I am not sure if remember it correctly). I am also a developer and wedding movie operator and editor. For example: I have created an Android app which let me control Vegas Pro rendering progress level on Android smartphone. I created it for fun, because I also love programming. I also created my own plugin for Audio To Text feature specified usage from Vegas Pro 19. I created proxy creation plugin which uses multiple GPU threads (maximum 3) to create proxy files for Vegas Pro. I also written many others plugin/softwares which enhance my video editing, also wedding editing.

Camera/video camera: Sony FX3, Sony A7 III, Sony FDR AX 100, Canon 5D Mark III, GoPro Hero Black 7,8,9,10

Lenses for Sony: Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III , Sony 24mm gm 1.4 FE, Sony 20 mm G FE 1.8

Lenses for Canon: Canon EF 24-70 mm F/2.8 L USM, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

Drone: DJI Mavic 3 & DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

Editing: Vegas Pro 20 (365) with a lot of third party plugins, also my own plugins written in C#

PC:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.31 GHz

RAM: 128 GB

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 TI

storage: 4 SSD drives (including two M.2 flash drives) and two HDD drives

Windows system: 10 Home edition

Comments

jetdv wrote on 2/18/2023, 7:38 AM

The last one I see was dated October 13, 2021. This should be the link:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/fileadmin/user_upload/non_product/downloads/vegas_scripting_api.zip

marcinzm wrote on 2/18/2023, 8:20 AM

I checked this link previously too, but I didn`t see any information about Rendering remaining time.

Does it mean that this feature is not available via C# script?

If you are bored, drink water, you will want to pee. -> Albert Einstein - my idol!

I am 42. I have been creating videos since 2009 (the date when my first daughter was born in). My first video software was Pinnacle, next one was Sony Vegas 8 (I am not sure if remember it correctly). I am also a developer and wedding movie operator and editor. For example: I have created an Android app which let me control Vegas Pro rendering progress level on Android smartphone. I created it for fun, because I also love programming. I also created my own plugin for Audio To Text feature specified usage from Vegas Pro 19. I created proxy creation plugin which uses multiple GPU threads (maximum 3) to create proxy files for Vegas Pro. I also written many others plugin/softwares which enhance my video editing, also wedding editing.

Camera/video camera: Sony FX3, Sony A7 III, Sony FDR AX 100, Canon 5D Mark III, GoPro Hero Black 7,8,9,10

Lenses for Sony: Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III , Sony 24mm gm 1.4 FE, Sony 20 mm G FE 1.8

Editing: Vegas Pro 20 (365) with a lot of third party plugins, also my own plugins written in C#

PC:

jetdv wrote on 2/18/2023, 8:40 AM
RenderStatusEventArgs Class

Arguments provided to RenderFinished and RenderProgress event handlers.

Syntax:

class RenderStatusEventArgs : EventArgs

Public Fields:Summary:

RenderStatus StatusGet the current status of the render operation.

Int32 ResultGet the result code (HRESULT) of the render operation.

String ErrorMessageGet the error message string (if any) for the render operation.

Int32 PercentCompleteGet the percent of the render operation that has completed.

String TimeElapsedGet the elapsed rendering time of the render operation.

String TimeLeftGet the estimated rendering time of the render operation.

String FilePathGet the full path of the render output.

Boolean fCloseOnCompleteFlag to close dialog on complete.

Int64 cFrameGet the percent of the render operation that has completed.

Int64 iFrameGet the percent of the render operation that has completed.

Int64 totalBytesGet the percent of the render operation that has completed.

What does "TimeLeftGet" give you?

marcinzm wrote on 2/18/2023, 8:42 AM

Thank you, you are great!!!!

PC: