Rendering audio with MPG

goodtimej wrote on 2/24/2009, 12:02 PM
I know most people render their MPGs without audio and then render the audio later just in case there was an audio mistake, but that workflow doesn't really appeal to me at all. I usually get my audio right the first time and would really like to do 1 single render. When I export as an MPG2 widescreen DVD Architect file, what audio option do I choose so that DVD Architect does not have to re-render the audio? Thanks

Comments

MarkWWW wrote on 2/24/2009, 12:28 PM
> most people render their MPGs without audio and then render the audio later just in case there was an audio mistake

That's not the reason most people do it like that. The reason we do it like that is because that's the way DVD Architect wants it done.

> what audio option do I choose so that DVD Architect does not have to re-render the audio

If you include the audio in the MPG file DVD Architect will always have to re-render it. DVD Architect expects to be given the audio and video as 2 separate files. If you don't want DVD Architect to re-render the audio you need to co-operate with it and render the audio separately from the video.

Mark
Former user wrote on 2/24/2009, 12:32 PM
If you render the audio with the MPG file, you create an MPEG Layer II audio track. This works fine on a DVD, but the DVD standard requires either a PCM audio track or AC3 audiotrack. An MPEG audio is not considered standard but it will work.

And you can bring an MPEG file into DVDA with an audio track and it will work fine.

Dave T2
musicvid10 wrote on 2/24/2009, 12:49 PM
The reason many people prefer to bring separate video and audio tracks into DVDA is so you can have a DVD with more than one audio track; e.g., languages, commentary, G-rated dialog, music only, etc., etc.,