Rendering - Preparing Speed

cal79 wrote on 8/11/2012, 9:28 AM
Is there any way to speed up the rendering / preparing process..?

I'm rendering out a 3.2gig project.. files were created in Sony Vegas Pro 11 using DVD Architect widescreen PAL template..

Estimated time 2hrs 20mins..

Architect is making use of 12% CPU and only 2.85 RAM out of a possible 12gig.. can I change any settings to improve things? or is DVA limited here?

Comments

Steve Grisetti wrote on 8/11/2012, 10:31 AM
If you output a DVD-ready or BluRay-ready file from Vegas to DVD Architect, rendering takes less than 10 minutes (depending on how elaborate your menus are).

Remember, the closer to the final MPEG2 or MTS file you give to DVD Architect, the less it has to transcode it.

If your DVD is taking 2 hours and 20 minutes to render, you must not be giving DVD Architect a DVD-ready MPEG2 to work with.
videoITguy wrote on 8/11/2012, 11:07 AM
Rendering or actually it is authoring in the DVDAPro software is most dependent on what you are forcing it to do; in declining order of importance:
A) The type of media assets you have given it and how they were prepared.
B)How you have configured menus and especially motion menus
C)How long the running time of all sections of the program are added together - like six menus with six different assets takes longer than no menu with one video asset
D)CPU

Notice I didn't even list RAM -because it has very little if any effect.
TOG62 wrote on 8/11/2012, 11:25 AM
Rendering or actually it is authoring in the DVDAPro software

Probably not an important point, but I would suggest that the majority of users of this forum are using DVDA Studio and preparing with Movie Studio.
PeterDuke wrote on 8/11/2012, 11:53 PM
Note that that reference relates to the use of Vegas software. The templates are in Vegas. Vegas won't load elementary streams, etc.
Sebastian Reg wrote on 8/22/2012, 6:22 AM
I have the same problem as cal79 has. Although I'm preparing files in "architect friendly" templates, preparing process (Bluray) lasts about 3 hours, and DVD about 20 minutes. What is very strange, some films are prepared very quickly (about 5 minutes - DVD) and some are not, although size is almost the same and the structure of menu is THE SAME. problem began in DA 5.2 - in 5.0 version it took about 5 minutes to prepare DVD and about 40 minutes to prepare Bluray disc. I must mention that files do not need to be recompress (it is stated in optimize menu). If anyone have sugesstions what can be done - I'd be grateful.
D. Collins wrote on 8/22/2012, 1:11 PM
I've have the same problem. I rendered an hour movie in Vegas Pro 11, using Mpeg 2 & the regular audio format. It said 'no re-compression needed', but it took a long time. When I loaded it into DVDA and tried to burn a disk, it took 4.5 hours! It seemed to be re-rendering it. When finished, I told it to burn the disc again, and then it acted normally.

Dave
musicvid10 wrote on 8/22/2012, 5:43 PM
"the regular audio format."

The "regular audio format" is a separate Dolby AC3 stream. Apparently you are not doing that.
D. Collins wrote on 8/23/2012, 2:02 PM
Excuse my shorthand. I should have said, Dolby Digital AC-3 pro (*ac3) with the = sign.
PeterDuke wrote on 8/23/2012, 7:36 PM
Musicvid's point was that it should be in a separate file. Do you have a video file without sound and an audio file?