Comments

Grazie wrote on 5/6/2019, 3:51 AM

......how can you see the length of that particular clip, be it video, still or media insert.

Alt+6 is your Friend - AKA Edit Detail View

Mainly asking regarding dragging to resize, how can i tell how long the resized clip will be easily?

Now that question is a little different and requires a different answer. As you drag your Event you will see EDV Grow in length. But this may NOT be the most creative approach to take. I use Trimmer ALL THE TIME, precisely for this purpose. It's highly responsive and adaptable to more creative decision making.

Last changed by Grazie on 5/6/2019, 3:52 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

3POINT wrote on 5/6/2019, 4:07 AM

I'm always wondering the Vegas Movie Studio has some features that VegasPro doesn't have, this is one of them. In VMS16 you can show the event length in the eventheader, which gives an accurate event length indication also while trimming.

3POINT, Theo Houben, Vegasuser since version 5

Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.

Software:VegasPro16/VegasMovieStudio16/PowerDirector16

Hardware:i7 4770, 16GB, GTX650ti, 1920x1200 display

Playware:Philips 55PFL7108

Bengaz wrote on 5/6/2019, 4:12 AM

......how can you see the length of that particular clip, be it video, still or media insert.

Alt+6 is your Friend - AKA Edit Detail View

Mainly asking regarding dragging to resize, how can i tell how long the resized clip will be easily?

Now that question is a little different and requires a different answer. As you drag your Event you will see EDV Grow in length. But this may NOT be the most creative approach to take. I use Trimmer ALL THE TIME, precisely for this purpose. It's highly responsive and adaptable to more creative decision making.

Thanks for reply.

alt F6 doesn't do anything.

Bengaz wrote on 5/6/2019, 4:13 AM

I'm always wondering the Vegas Movie Studio has some features that VegasPro doesn't have, this is one of them. In VMS16 you can show the event length in the eventheader, which gives an accurate event length indication also while trimming.

I just thought that dragging a photo for example on the timeline you would some indicator to see photo length as you drag it along.

3POINT wrote on 5/6/2019, 4:15 AM

This is what I mean.

This indication changes while dragging/trimming.

Another great VMS feature, the "Add Media FX" button besides the event length display.

Last changed by 3POINT on 5/6/2019, 4:18 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

3POINT, Theo Houben, Vegasuser since version 5

Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.

Software:VegasPro16/VegasMovieStudio16/PowerDirector16

Hardware:i7 4770, 16GB, GTX650ti, 1920x1200 display

Playware:Philips 55PFL7108

Dexcon wrote on 5/6/2019, 4:23 AM

alt F6 doesn't do anything.

Grazie's recommendation was ALT+6, not ALT+F6. ALT+6 brings up a window full of interesting time info.

Grazie wrote on 5/6/2019, 5:12 AM

@Bengaz - Please re-read my Response I gave you and you’ve actually quoted me too! It’s ALT+6.

@3POINT - Yes, indeed. A simple solution to a much asked for feature. I’m guessing the last time I saw this was in either VMS or VideoFactory 😁.

Bengaz wrote on 5/6/2019, 5:14 AM

@Bengaz - Please re-read my Response I gave you and you’ve actually quoted me too! It’s ALT+6.

@3POINT - Yes, indeed. A simple solution to a much asked for feature. I’m guessing the last time I saw this was in either VMS or VideoFactory 😁.

Sorry, I need glasses, really do. Thx for help.

Grazie wrote on 5/6/2019, 6:36 AM

Sorry, I need glasses, really do. Thx for help.

@Bengaz - No worries. Glasses, wear them ALL the time 🤓.