Royalty free vid clips from Footage Firm folks ..

gpsmikey wrote on 2/15/2011, 4:13 PM
Video clips (royalty free). Video Blocks, part of "footage firm" has a deal where you can download all sorts of various video clips you can use for your shows etc for $49/month. They have a free 7 day trial for anybody interested. I have not signed up yet, but I do have a number of the DVD's from Footage firm and it is pretty good stuff. Check them out if you are interested. I have no connection with them other than having bought stuff from them in the past and I'm on their mailing list. You can preview what they have. Looks reasonable.

http://www.videoblocks.com/

mikey

Comments

MTuggy wrote on 2/15/2011, 9:03 PM
Their music is almost the best news - they often put albums on sale for $8.95 (instead of $99) - many are decent for royalty free licensing for projects. I have about 5 albums now (cost me a whopping $45...

Mike
bsuratt wrote on 2/16/2011, 7:57 AM
MTuggy...

I found no music on their site??..
Tom Pauncz wrote on 2/16/2011, 8:05 AM
Scroll to the bottom of this page.
Tom
gpsmikey wrote on 2/16/2011, 2:23 PM
I have 3 or 4 of their music albums (Footage Firm) as well as some of their sale DVD's of slo-mo etc when they have them on sale. This new thing with the vid clips you can download looks interesting. I will probably give their free 7 day trial a shot and collect a bunch that would work for my various slideshows etc. Just thought folks here might be interested in the stuff as well.

mikey
LReavis wrote on 2/16/2011, 3:48 PM
I've been buying their DVD clips for years. Seems to me they are much better now than was the case a few years ago - and HD clips also now are available.

The best thing I like about them is that their EULA is not nearly as restrictive as some other sources. I try to avoid controversy in my videos, but the subject matter itself sometimes stirs passions, and I don't want to spend a lot of time and money on clips that cannot be used "in any video that could be seen as controversial in any way."