Saving titles for future projects

Remyx wrote on 12/28/2011, 3:15 PM
Hi,

working on a current project, I created new titles with text over transparent background, covering the bottom portion of the screen, and fading away after few seconds. How can I save the title (including all formating, size and position, background color, fading), so I can re-use in future projects.

Is there a way to archive these titles or export them to an other computer running of VMS?

Thank you,
Remy

Comments

Chienworks wrote on 12/28/2011, 4:21 PM
I would copy the title events to a new project and save them in a new .vf file. You can then take that .vf file to another computer and open them there, to copy them into another project.
Remyx wrote on 12/28/2011, 5:03 PM
Thank you for this. There is no way to save these titles in such a way that they are available for any new project? You always have to import them from an older project?
Chienworks wrote on 12/28/2011, 8:40 PM
You can save a text event as a preset in the text generator window, but it won't necessarily save all the things you've set up, like backgrounds. There are a couple other problems too, which are that after you've saved a bunch you end up having to scroll through an ever longer and growing list of presets, and it's much harder to move them to a different PC.
Remyx wrote on 12/28/2011, 9:37 PM
Sorry but I might still need help on this one.

I have the title on the Text track as part of one project. It also show up as an object in the media bin.

But I can't seem to copy it over to an other project. Any tip for this?

Thank you,
musicvid10 wrote on 12/28/2011, 9:53 PM
You select and copy the events from your active project.
Then you open a second Vegas window and paste them on the timeline.
That's all.
;?)
richard-amirault wrote on 12/30/2011, 11:52 AM
You can have more than one copy of Vegas open at the same time .. each with it's own, seperate project.