SLIGHTLY OT: HD Timeline to HD DVD Player

mjroddy wrote on 2/28/2010, 12:50 AM
I've been Searching the Forum's History here, but can't seem to find an answer to this one... Maybe there's no answer... or, the answer is, "Buy a new burner."

I've got a HD timeline that I'd like to preview on my PS3. Problem is, I don't yet have a BluRay burner.
Is there anything I can render/burn to bring my HD sequence over to my PS3?

I've done all my CC on the computer monitor and I want to see what it looks like on a TV/HDTV, so I'm hoping I can skirt the BluRay burner for just a bit longer (I'll be buying a new computer in the next few months and want to wait for that, if possible).

Thanks for any advice, thoughts and ideas!

Comments

TheHappyFriar wrote on 2/28/2010, 4:28 AM
I think you can burn 15-30 minutes of HD to a regular DVD & a BD player will play it. Try a search for "HD on DVD" or "BD on DVD"
PerroneFord wrote on 2/28/2010, 8:38 AM
Yep, the PS3 will do DVD-9, so you can go that route. Maybe my memory is faulty, but I thought the PS3 would also play a movie off a USB drive. If that's true, you could simply copy a rendered .mp4 to the thumb drive, and have the PS3 play it from that.
LJA wrote on 2/28/2010, 8:39 AM
Consult the DVDA manual. That will tell you all you need to know about building Blu-ray disks on DVD media, with special instructions for the PS3.
mjroddy wrote on 2/28/2010, 11:33 AM
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

Thanks very much!