*SO* confused....

Hank Scorpio wrote on 1/10/2007, 8:17 AM
I'm looking at buying DVD-A Studio to replace my DVD Workshop 2.

I also own Acid Pro 6. What I'd like to do is mix 5.1 surround in Acid and burn a surround DVD. Can I do this?

Also, can DVD-A run interstitial animations? When I click a button, I'd like the menu to animate into the next one or dissolve or something.

One last question...how much control do I have over the order of the buttons? In DVDWS, I had to place them in either horizontal or vertical alignment for them to step logically using the up/down or left/right button on the remote. Can I set up an order for them?

thanks tons!

:hank

Comments

Steve Mann wrote on 1/11/2007, 10:09 AM
DVDA uses Dolby Digital Surround (AC3) for 5.1 audio. If Acid can encode the AC3 then I don't see why it won't work. But, since you can't buy DVDA without Vegas, you can always bring your Acid tracks into Vegas and encode the AC3 file there. For that matter, if you don't use Vegas to encode both the AC3 and MPG file you are running some risk of not being able to sync the audio and video.

In DVDA you can put the buttons anywhere you want and sequence them in any order you want.

You can search the Vegas and DVDA forum for menu transitions or transition video - it's been discussed dozens of times. You can control the action of any button and the end-action of any media that you can fit on the disc. So a button press can go to a transition media that can go to another transition or menu or video asset.

Steve M.
GeorgeW wrote on 1/11/2007, 10:20 AM
DVDA Studio was mentioned, so I think they are not talking about the full version that comes with Vegas.

Nice to see Sony finally made a version of DVDA available -- even if it is only the "Studio" version. It still has alot of features (playlists, basic slideshows, AC3, menu customization, etc...). Just missing subtitles and multiple audio tracks, but still a very capable package, and at a great price (imho).
Steve Mann wrote on 1/11/2007, 10:26 AM
Oops, I missed that.

The original poster should go to the Sony Media website (click on the Sony logo at the lower right corner) and find the comparison table for DVDA and DVDA Studio. I really don't know about importing a 5.1 audio file into DVDA Studio.
TLF wrote on 1/11/2007, 11:44 AM
I think the latest version does support AC-3 audio, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Animated transitions between menus is possible. For best results link the button to a menu that contains an animated background, and have the end action of that menu link to the video you want to play after the animation.

You should have complete control over the button order.

Why not download a trial version and give it a try? If you like it, purchase a license key.

Good Luck,

Worley