soft synth..multi tracking

fosko wrote on 5/24/2012, 9:02 PM
excuse me for the simplicity of this post. I'm pulling out my copy of Vegas 5.0d (no.. I havn't upgraded yet). Using my laptop I'm trying to record using the Proseus vX plug in.

I record track one (Piano)...play back to record track two (Bass) and they bleed. Play them back to record track three (drums) and I get piano, bass, and drums on it.

How do I listen to play back of previous tracks without it recording it on the active track ?

Comments

Geoff_Wood wrote on 5/25/2012, 9:35 PM
Disable "Record What You Hear" or whatever on your soundcard mixer applet maybe ? If it has that function...

geoff
fosko wrote on 5/26/2012, 1:51 AM
i wll try that... but I think it would be something in Vegas.. not the sound card. I NEED to be able to listen when recording... I just need the track I'm recording to record JUST what I'm recording on that track and not what's playing back on the others.

It's kind of like bouncing back in the old 4 track days.
pwppch wrote on 5/26/2012, 6:49 PM
I assume you are using the laptops built in audio hardware.

If the laptop audio has ASIO drivers, install then and use them. This will allow you to use the input monitoring in Vegas.

If your audio hardware does not have ASIO drivers, then it will be upto the hardware if it can route to monitor but not record the output.

Peter
fosko wrote on 5/26/2012, 7:50 PM
ugh.. Thanks Sony PCH.
Well this is crap.. but it's not your fault. I did a searh on ASIO drivers for my REALTEK HD sound card. There is (supposedly) a new driver. I downloaded it... and now I DON"T have Stereo Mix... which is needed to record internally. Otherwise I'm just recording from the laptop mic.

So now I can't do ANY recording.
fosko wrote on 5/26/2012, 9:20 PM
I rolled back to previous driver. Seems it was just an UPDATE.. not an ASIO driver. Does anyone know where I can get an ASIO driver for a REALTEK HD sound card ?
Steven Myers wrote on 5/26/2012, 9:38 PM
Try ASIO4ALL.
musicvid10 wrote on 5/26/2012, 11:07 PM
Sounds like you may have a Sony VIAO notebook or another Vista/Win7 "compliant" model.

You can use a (much) older version of Realtek (which will probably disable headphone isolation), or a more current version + an audio utility like "Virtual Audio Cable" or "All Sound Recorder" to enable direct throughput from your audio device to recording applications.

Best of luck.