SOLVED Compatibility issues w/ Windows 10 & MS 12

jonathantfogel wrote on 1/25/2016, 2:42 PM
SOLVED
Go to the 3rd reply to find answer
The link that was mentioned can be found on the first reply
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I got a new PC just a month ago preinstalled with Windows 10.
I decided just a couple of days ago to download Movie Studio Platinum 12 that i have been using on my previous Windows 7 PC. It worked fine then, but now every time i launch or exit the application my PC crashes and I get the error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I have tried changed the compatibility mode to Windows 7, then Vista but still no luck.

pc specs (laptop):
Intel i7 6700 HQ @ 2.6 GHz
8 GB RAM¨
64 bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 950m

Thanks,
Jonathan

Comments

Steve Grisetti wrote on 1/26/2016, 7:52 AM
There is no reason version 12 shouldn't work on Windows 10. There's nothing inherently incompatible in the program.

Have you gone to Settings/Update & Security to ensure you have all of the Windows 10 updates? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime?

Which version of Windows 10 are you using, and can you confirm that it's the 64-bit version?

Meantime, check out this troubleshooting fix for the Kernel Security problem.
http://windowsreport.com/kernel-security-check-failure-windows/
mike_in_ky wrote on 1/26/2016, 3:00 PM
I've been using Movie Studio Platinum 12 with Windows 10 on 2 different computers and it runs well on both systems.
jonathantfogel wrote on 1/26/2016, 3:23 PM
Ok so by looking through the comments section on the link you sent, numerous people said that the problem occurred because of the new Nvidia driver update. I reverted back to the original and the software works!

Comment i found, written by Dawar Ahmad:
"right click on my computer, go to manage, navigate to device manager (left pane), open display adapters (right pane), now right click on your nVidia device and open properties, go to driver tab, the third button there is "roll back driver".

if you can't roll back, then uninstall the driver from control panel, restart your computer, and install the older version of your graphics driver."

Thanks